It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Broken Sword II
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:11 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Broken Sword II is a point and click game. I use to play it on my playstation. but i now have it for my computer. I bought it about a year or two ago. and i have played it like two different times all the way to the end since i have put it on my computer. when i bought Broken Sword II, it came with Broken sword I as well..and i just finished Broken Sword I again. But for some reason i can't get Broken Sword II to even start up. i get a black screen with green text on it stating there's an error. it looks like the computer did back in the 1980's. does anyone know what the problem is? I know i am giving little info to go on for some one to help me. I can't do a screen print of the error message because the screen goes into full screen mode when i try and start the game. but i can try and record my screen with my screen recorder and post a video of it on youtube. but i will have to do that tomorrow night cause it's very late here and i need to get some sleep. i hope somewhere here can help me. thanks.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Broken Sword II
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:18 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

this is a trailer for the game. like i said, i will try and post a video of the error message tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyjhQolccFs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:28 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

When you say you used to play it on your playstation but now have it for your computer, is this via an emulator or is it an actual pc version?

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:36 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

actual pc version.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:33 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Ah, don't know much about that then, I got myself a epsxe and uploaded all my old games as iso's on my pc, but you can't legally get away with that unless you actually own the game discs. I did this when my ps finally crapped out on me a couple of years ago. It never even occurred to me to go looking for pc versions. You can try asking around some gamer forums seeing if there's any fixes or patches you might need though. I guess some games are tricky. Best of luck.

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:46 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

conbagui wrote:
What is your OS?

Windows 7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:50 am  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

here is the video of what happens when i try and start Broken Sword II. When i type in exit to close out this black screen, another window is showing. i could never read this window cause it closes out way to fast. by making this video i was able to pause it and read what it said. it states that it could not find SCRIPTS.CLU

Does anyone know what it is talking about? cause Broken sword I(pc version,windows 7) works on the same computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb0_uolm1kQ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:09 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

conbagui wrote:
It looks like a problem with the video card. Did you uninstalled it and installed it back on?

I bought it about 2 years ago from GOG.com both I and II but I haven't play them.

nope. i really don't think i did. i haven't really done anything with it. i bought broken sword I and II back in 2011 around Dec. and i loaded it in my computer. i did however, have to download something in order to get them to play. but they both worked fine after i did that. i went about a year without playing them. then again in 2012 i played both games again. i completed the games and then went about another year and just before thanksgiving last week i played broken sword I to the finish, i went to start broken sword II and that's when i noticed it not starting.

It makes no sense for one to work and the other one not to. :gaah :gaah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:16 pm  (#9) 
Hi,
Have a look here http://forums.scummvm.org/search.php
Typing in scripts.clu returns 39 hits most relating to Broken Sword II
I have no knowledge of playstation game ports but you might find something here that makes sense to you... :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:14 am  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

fluffybunny wrote:
Hi,
Have a look here http://forums.scummvm.org/search.php
Typing in scripts.clu returns 39 hits most relating to Broken Sword II
I have no knowledge of playstation game ports but you might find something here that makes sense to you... :)

yea i have been there and done that. i think i know why it won't work. i just now found the folder for the game broken sword II on my computer. i opened it and then open the cluster folder. the file "script.clu" file is missing for some reason for broken sword II. My broken sword I folder has it. i can't find the disc, i have misplaced it. so i guess i need to install the game again to correct this problem. if i can only remember where i put the disc. How in the world that file got deleted i will never know. :gaah :gaah makes no sense what so ever.