It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's Your favourite Animation Based Scripts? (Post it Here)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm  (#1) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
Hey all you Gimp animators out there, how about you guys post some of your favorite animation based scripts that have helped you save time when creating your work.
I'd love to see them, and I'm sure others would as well.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: What's Your favourite Animation Based Scripts? (Post it Here)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:48 pm  (#2) 
Global Moderator

My first favorite is FP animated snow script. My second fave is Saulgoodes Combine background. boy does that one save time.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm  (#3) 
Administrator

molly wrote:
My first favorite is FP animated snow script. My second fave is Saulgoodes Combine background. boy does that one save time.

I have both scripts, but have never use the animated snow script. And those combine scripts are great, I'm pretty sure they are among my favorites.

PS... Thanks for suggesting this topic to me FB. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Combine background is probably the most generally useful animation script I have ever come across.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:27 pm  (#5) 
Administrator

Erisian wrote:
Combine background is probably the most generally useful animation script I have ever come across.

I can't agree with you more. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:56 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Snow.
Stock_photo:
http://claimyourself.deviantart.com/art ... -418416604

Attachments:
window_child-2.gif
window_child-2.gif [ 2.42 MiB | Viewed 2928 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:32 pm  (#7) 
Administrator

tonysteele wrote:

:coolthup
That snow script works well, not to much and just enough to render a very convincing look. :bigthup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:22 pm  (#8) 
@Wallace: Thanks for creating this thread. :jumpclap
My original thought would be that asking for Animator's tools rather than animation scripts that create a particular animation would be more useful...although it is always nice to have a ready made solution if it creates the effect you are after.

I have many animation tools installed, but I haven't created enough animations to evaluate their usefulness in a meaningful way to suggest whether they are 'great time savers', or just 'menu space wasters'. :oops:

I will hold off and see if someone else with some knowledge of the subject posts their tools first.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 pm  (#9) 
Administrator

fluffybunny wrote:
@Wallace: Thanks for creating this thread. :jumpclap
My original thought would be that asking for Animator's tools rather than animation scripts that create a particular animation would be more useful...although it is always nice to have a ready made solution if it creates the effect you are after.

I have many animation tools installed, but I haven't created enough animations to evaluate their usefulness in a meaningful way to suggest whether they are 'great time savers', or just 'menu space wasters'. :oops:

I will hold off and see if someone else with some knowledge of the subject posts their tools first.

No problem!
I understand FB, I'm not big on animation either, but have made a few in the past and a couple most recently.
Animation tools would be a nice addition to this posting. I'm sorry that I didn't include this in the post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:01 am  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

My favourite is a script BUT for MathMap is called Animated Sphere

About the link there is a sticky on the Script board , about Mathmap additional filters (expressions ), there are details and the link to collect all of them
(Included several other cool Animation filters, there is a animated ellipsoid, animated pond, waves effects, all sort of transition effects...)

Mrs Wilbress

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:42 am  (#11) 
Administrator

PhotoComix wrote:
My favourite is a script BUT for MathMap is called Animated Sphere

About the link there is a sticky on the Script board , about Mathmap additional filters (expressions ), there are details and the link to collect all of them
(Included several other cool Animation filters, there is a animated ellipsoid, animated pond, waves effects, all sort of transition effects...)

That all sound pretty cool, just a few clicks and you have yourself a nice animation. :bigthup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:40 am  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

AnimStack - animation tools for GIMP 2.8 http://registry.gimp.org/node/26501
This is one of a kind script, actually, quite unique and sophisticated.
There is some learning curve but it's well documented by the author who also took the pains
to record excellent videotutorials.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:43 pm  (#13) 
Administrator

K1TesseraEna wrote:
AnimStack - animation tools for GIMP 2.8 http://registry.gimp.org/node/26501
This is one of a kind script, actually, quite unique and sophisticated.
There is some learning curve but it's well documented by the author who also took the pains
to record excellent videotutorials.

Well then, must take a look. Thanks for the link K1TesseraEna. :bigthup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:07 pm  (#14) 
Global Moderator

I'm no expert on animation but I could see Multi-Replicate worth a mention. The documentation and Gino D's input at Gimp Chat are excellent.

Spirit Bear (Kermode)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:48 pm  (#15) 
GimpChat Member

Animstack is great. I am just lazy to learn it but gotten into the basics.
For simple scripts Saulgoode: combine/overlay, Will: Animation merge, Another Lars: Animation tools (but it's a python)