It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Video All Layers Script
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:50 pm  (#1) 
Script Coder

Attachment:
VideoAllLayersPreview.gif
VideoAllLayersPreview.gif [ 4 MiB | Viewed 2321 times ]

Here's a new script that I created to run the Video filter (add distortion/fuzziness like that produced by an low-res monitor) on All layers, active layer, visible layers, linked layers. The is one of many of my new scripts to allow filters to be run on several layers. I'll be adding new features as time permits including, at some point, of combining them into one major script.

The script is attached to the bottom of this post, but please be advised, I will be making updates to the script and may not always reflect the changes here. You'll always be able to view the updates at my dA site: FP's Video All Layers script and at GIMPScripts. I've also been able to add "preview" functionality to the script-fu. (Read comments at the bottom of this post)

Install the script to your scripts folder and after you refresh, you'll be able to find it under Filters > Distorts > Video All Layers....

Enjoy!

* I'm not sure what I've done to implement the preview option is correct programming-wise or if creates problems with the code, etc., but I'm not a programmer and all my tests appear to have worked. Essentially, when you run the script, a call is made to the specified plugin and a "dummy" layer is created. You set the options of the plugin and when the plugin is run, it runs it on the dummy layer, deletes the dummy layer, and then passes the settings to the desired layers using the RUN-WITH-LAST-VALS call.

Attachments:
video_all_layers_gimp_script.zip [1.28 KiB]
Downloaded 138 times

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Video All Layers Script
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:54 pm  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

And of course no turtles were harmed during the taping of this video. :lol :)

Thanks fencepost.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm  (#3) 
Script Coder

Absolutely not! I'm a professional tortoise trainer and it was practicing how to fall properly to avoid being hurt. :D

You're welcome!

I'd rate you as an upper-middle-lower-mod with pro-novice-inter tendencies.....and a twist of lime! Of course, my rating scale is completely objectively subjective, but ALWAYS consistently inconsistent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:29 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

I didn't know with gimp you could work with video. Interesting script.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:00 am  (#5) 
Script Coder

mackenzieh wrote:

Actually for this script, it uses the video filter found under Filters > Distorts >Video. It's not really video per se.

That being said, if you have GIMP GAP, you can process videos which is how I created my preview image. If you're interested, I prepared a tutorial a couple of years ago on that very subject, which can be downloaded here: http://fence-post.deviantart.com/art/Ad ... s-38353032

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:24 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

fencepost wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:

Actually for this script, it uses the video filter found under Filters > Distorts >Video. It's not really video per se.

That being said, if you have GIMP GAP, you can process videos which is how I created my preview image. If you're interested, I prepared a tutorial a couple of years ago on that very subject, which can be downloaded here: http://fence-post.deviantart.com/art/Ad ... s-38353032

I don't have GIMP GAP. So with this script, what exactly does it do. I just don't get it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:23 am  (#7) 
Script Coder

mackenzieh wrote:
fencepost wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:

I don't have GIMP GAP. So with this script, what exactly does it do. I just don't get it.

The Video filter takes an image and makes it appear as if it were displayed on a low quality television (or shot with a low quality camera).

Attachment:
fox.jpg
fox.jpg [ 38.88 KiB | Viewed 2201 times ]

This script applies the effect to each of the layers in a multi-layered animated image. Thus making the animation appear in low quality "video".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:54 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

Thanks saulgoode. Sounds like a cool script.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:36 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Founder

This looks pretty interesting. Thanks, FP!