It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So, I'm moving...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I've been living with a roommate for about 3 years and apparently a couple of days ago I was told I had to not do that anymore. So come tomorrow, penniless me is hopping a Greyhound to Phoenix, to live there. No idea why I'm sharing that as it does not affect any of you in any way. I just had a need to tell someone I guess. It's not life threatening or anything, it's just rotten and all around I got a bum deal. But hey at least my long time friend in Phoenix gets to finally meet me face to face.

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: So, I'm moving...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:27 am  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
ek22 wrote:
I've been living with a roommate for about 3 years and apparently a couple of days ago I was told I had to not do that anymore. So come tomorrow, penniless me is hopping a Greyhound to Phoenix, to live there. No idea why I'm sharing that as it does not affect any of you in any way. I just had a need to tell someone I guess. It's not life threatening or anything, it's just rotten and all around I got a bum deal. But hey at least my long time friend in Phoenix gets to finally meet me face to face.

Sorry to hear that you have to move. I live in Surprise AZ and have had to do a lot moving while here, due to fact that I was renting out rooms to live in.
Now I have my own apartment and don't have to deal with someone telling me that I need to move out for one reason or another.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

ek22: that's a big and sudden change for you! i really hope it will turn out to be a good one and i think it can. i hate moving myself, but seen in the rear view every time i had to move it meant new friends, new adventures, new perspectives and new fun . so really, why shouldn't it be the same for you? good luck, brother.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:23 pm  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

Good luck with the move. Bright side is, lots of new places and things to take pictures of.

DeviantArt gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:32 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

Totally would if I had a camera. Thanks for all the best wishes guys. I'm not really all that concerned about the destination, I hate busses. The thought of being stuck on one for 24 hours makes my skin crawl.

I now have a Tumblr, check it out!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

I have found in my life that when it's time to move on, there are unexpected rewards just around the corner. It's a shame about the upheaval but there are times when the way to heaven is through hell. I wish you all the best and hope it works out for you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:58 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Founder

Sorry to hear that you're having to make an unplanned move. I wish I had some good advice for you.

You know your situation and I don't. I do suppose your top priority would be a roof over your head and Phoenix AZ might be your only choice, at the moment. However, from what I understand, the economy is not that great there, as Phoenix is lagging behind the rest of the country.

I believe if I found myself in your situation, not being tied to any particular location, I'd seek out a city where economic growth and opportunity was high. From what I'm reading, Austin Texas is currently #1 in growth. I understand that It's overall, a great place to live.

Quote:
.. educated people, tech-oriented industries, racial diversity ... enjoyed double-digit growth in GDP, jobs, population and birthrate since 2007. The Texas capital has a very strong hipster reputation, attracting many of the same people who might otherwise end up in Silicon Valley or San Francisco, but it also boasts the low taxes, light regulation and reasonable housing prices that keep migrants there well past their 30s. link

I believe if I were moving west, Austin TX would be tops on my list. Hey, it's just food for thought and I wish you the best of luck, wherever life's journey takes you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:15 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

ek22 sorry to hear about your having to abruptly pick up and go. As already mentioned, there is great personal growth in the most unexpected things thrown at us. I wish you the smoothest of transitions and that you will find yourself in a good place with the ability to make independent changes so that this never happens to you again.

Have a safe trip.

G'mic 1.6.5