It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: All Layer Boundaries to cropped layer HEIGHT request
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:10 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

I thought there was already a filter for this but i couldn't find one.

When creating Custom Font XCF font files i find it easier to align each letter correctly by re setting boundary to the CENTER and HEIGHT to the cropped layer height. This forces each character to stay within those width bounds. Otherwise if you only crop the layer it forms a box around the character and allows it to jump up or slide down. That's the best way i can explain it. I would like the new script to allow me to do 4 things.

Currently the Layer>Layer Boundaries Size plug-in only allows you to do 1 layer at a time. This is very tedious.

1) Select CENTER for each layer boundary
2) Allow for height / width adjustment for the boundary
3) Do all layers at once.

4) If i could add the option to autocrop all layers first that would be useful also. But not necessary.

Thank you.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: All Layer Boundaries to cropped layer HEIGHT request
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:04 pm  (#2) 
Script Coder

would it be simpler if you put characters like how you'd place them according guides... use a guide as a baseline...so a will sit on the baseline and y will have the bottom of of the y going lower than the base line but once all characters are in place.
You make a selection box.
Then run a script and it auto crop all layers so the width is variable for each character but then it resizes the layers height to match the selection box....
would this be simpler?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:24 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

trandoductin wrote:
would it be simpler if you put characters like how you'd place them according guides... use a guide as a baseline...so a will sit on the baseline and y will have the bottom of of the y going lower than the base line but once all characters are in place.
You make a selection box.
Then run a script and it auto crop all layers so the width is variable for each character but then it resizes the layers height to match the selection box....
would this be simpler?

Yes. That would work too I think.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:46 pm  (#4) 
Script Coder

Rod,
please try this and let me know if it helps -> Layers Auto Crop Resize To Selection Height Script
After it's done I think the " .png" (space) character will be autocropped to nothing so just duplicate a layer like the letter a or seomthing delete its content and rename it to " .png"

Last edited by trandoductin on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:35 am  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

:wh :yr :2thup

It works superbly sir!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:26 am  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

But now i have to fix them all. :lol Another mission?