It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Docking Tool Options in Toolbox
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:34 am  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 10
GIMP Experience: New User

How is a tool options box docked in the bottom of a Toolbox. When I first install Gimp, all Tool Options are locked into the bottom of the Toolbox. If I delete the Toolbox and then later undelete it, all the Tool Options are free floating. So far I've just been re-installing Gimp to get it back to locking the Tool Options back to the bottom of the Toolbox, but it would seem that there has to be an easier way.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Docking Tool Options in Toolbox
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:49 am  (#2) 
GimpChat Member

No, don't reinstall Gimp, save-the-planet, save-bandwidth ;)

Use Edit -> Preferences -> Windows Management then click Reset Saved Window Positions to Default Values

Restart Gimp gets you the default 3 window layout, then use Gimp Windows menu -> Single window mode.

A few hints here gimp win 10 setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQz0zCyVFJU 4 min

Post subject: Re: Docking Tool Options in Toolbox
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:19 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

jerryemery wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 10
GIMP Experience: New User

How is a tool options box docked in the bottom of a Toolbox. When I first install Gimp, all Tool Options are locked into the bottom of the Toolbox. If I delete the Toolbox and then later undelete it, all the Tool Options are free floating. So far I've just been re-installing Gimp to get it back to locking the Tool Options back to the bottom of the Toolbox, but it would seem that there has to be an easier way.

In addition to what Rich said.
If you click the very small arrow (top right) of the tool options dialog you can select "lock tab to dock". This will prevent you from ever accidentally grabbing the tool options dialog and undocking it from the toolbox dialog.
You can do this with any dockable window.