It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Issue with pen
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 pm  (#1) 

GIMP Version: 2.8.22
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level

I have an issue with my Ugee table pen thinking I am holding the point of the pen in one spot(equivalent of a right-click on a mouse) resulting in it bringing up a menu when I start my line. Since I am redrawing my traditional works digitally there are some pieces of it I want exact and this constant menu pop up makes it difficult to continue. Windows 10 only gives me the option of the Pen and Windows Ink settings which seem to do nothing and I can't find the properties for my tablet/pen any where else. Is there a way to set up my pen in GIMP to remove the 'right-click' option from my pen? I found the Configure Imput Devices menu on GIMP but am not sure how to go about using it.

I've used this table/pen before on my laptop with Windows 10 and an older version of Gimp no problem.

Any help at all would be appreciated. If there's another thread that has solved this already point the way please as I am unable to find it. I'll keep looking for my tablet's properties in the mean time.

>Update< I have found the tablet properties but unfortunately it was not helpful.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Issue with pen
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:28 am  (#2) 
Script Coder

Not clear... Do you mean that because of the way you hold the pen, your finger depresses the pen's button? Or do you get random opening of the pop-up?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:29 am  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I had this problem with mine at one point, how I resolved it, could have been either one (or a combination of) the following...

Find the Tablet Cfg Menu (usually it's somewhere on your taskbar) and UNCHECK the "Supports Digital Ink" box.
or
Download the latest driver update from the Ugee website
Link here: http://www.ugee.net/download/index/p/1.html (< page1 of 2)

Or perhaps you need to click on Edit>Preferences>Input Controllers and set-up the tablet from there (not sure about this though as mine is working fine and it's not even included in the "Active Controllers" list!!)

Hope you can resolve the problem, good luck!

Last edited by Zero01 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:27 am  (#4) 
GimpChat Member

By the way, I'm using Windows 10 too and the Tablet configuration set-up is available through the icon which should be on your taskbar (see pic.)
Lower right-hand side of the display... then bottom left icon..