It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fast binary flatting tools (multifill, flatten). Linux only.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:48 pm  (#1) 

Sorry, Linux (x86) only.

Those who make comics and do a flat color layer know how handy these filters are. They're similar to the Bpelt plugins for Photoshop. On the official Gimp Plugin Registry there's already a similar tool, but the multifill filter is too slow for any real high resolution work.

I'm an artist, not a programmer. I wrote these tools for my personal use and they've worked flawlessly for quite a few years, so I assume they're stable enough.

I'm sorry I can't compile for any other system. There are 32 and 64 bit versions for Gimp 2.6 and 2.8. The known bugs and missing features are described in the readme file.

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 47.21 KiB | Viewed 2728 times ]
File comment: Flatting tool plugins
flatting-tools.tar.bz2 [21.72 KiB]
Downloaded 155 times
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Fast binary flatting tools (multifill, flatten). Linux only.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:36 pm  (#2) 
Script Coder

Alezini wrote:
I'm sorry I can't compile for any other system. There are 32 and 64 bit versions for Gimp 2.6 and 2.8. The known bugs and missing features are described in the readme file.

If you provide the source, maybe someone can.

If you don't it is also not a good idea for anyone to run the closed code from a person with little forum history... for all we know it could be doing a "rm -rf ~/".

Post subject: Re: Fast binary flatting tools (multifill, flatten). Linux only.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

I suggest an admin takes that thing down until OP provides proof that it is 1. not harmful, and 2. that he(?) owns it; essentially by posting the source, if not here, so maybe over at github. For all we know, it could also silently be copying stuff from your computer to some site somewhere. Like, if it is a key sniffer, everything you type that looks like a password. I also do not think that closed source things should be allowed here, like, at all. There could be copyright/patent annoyances one knows nothing about, but could be sued for harboring by some nitpick lawyer.
Better safe than sorry. No?