It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Are there still any decent and free image hosting sites out there?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:00 pm  (#1) 
GimpChat Member

Looks like Flickr is going to start limiting free accounts to 1000 images (have 992 now and that's after I deleted a few of them). Knew this would eventually happen once Yahoo sold Flickr off. I guess all great news eventually come to an end. If anyone knows of a free hosting site that's decent, please let me know. Not really happy with imgur. :)

Psalm 109:8

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
 Post subject: Re: Are there still any decent and free image hosting sites out there?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:25 pm  (#2) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
lylejk wrote:
Looks like Flickr is going to start limiting free accounts to 1000 images (have 992 now and that's after I deleted a few of them). Knew this would eventually happen once Yahoo sold Flickr off. I guess all great news eventually come to an end. If anyone knows of a free hosting site that's decent, please let me know. Not really happy with imgur. :)

I use imgbb.com.

Post subject: Re: Are there still any decent and free image hosting sites out there?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:45 pm  (#3) 
GimpChat Member

16MB files is not an issue. I assume they allow both jpeg and png, right, Wallace? Looks promising. Will wait to see if anyone else inputs hosting sites. I do like the autosize ability of Flickr and such, but if this site doesn't do this, it's still not a game changer. Thanks for the info, Wallace. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:53 pm  (#4) 
Administrator

Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 & 2.10, Win 11 PC.
lylejk wrote:
16MB files is not an issue. I assume they allow both jpeg and png, right, Wallace? Looks promising. Will wait to see if anyone else inputs hosting sites. I do like the autosize ability of Flickr and such, but if this site doesn't do this, it's still not a game changer. Thanks for the info, Wallace. :)

Yes,
all major image file formats are supported.
Just be aware,
that all the pictures you upload.
Will be reviewed by human editors.
It's also a very minimalist image hosting site.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:51 pm  (#5) 
GimpChat Member

I use http://village.photos/

It's free, hotlinking is allowed, and you can upload images as large as 40MB.

More info here:
http://village.photos/about.aspx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:10 pm  (#6) 
GimpChat Member

Really cool, Mackenzieh. Yours is now the contender to beat, but I'll wait a bit to see if others will add theirs. I've used Post Image (have an account) but they no longer appear to allow hotlinking which is a shame. Doesn't look like Amazon does either. I just want an actually jpeg link and not a site link if you will. Anyway, your input's very much appreciated. Don't think I ever will upload a 40MByte file though. lolol

:)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:38 pm  (#7) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
Really cool, Mackenzieh. Yours is now the contender to beat, but I'll wait a bit to see if others will add theirs. I've used Post Image (have an account) but they no longer appear to allow hotlinking which is a shame. Doesn't look like Amazon does either. I just want an actually jpeg link and not a site link if you will. Anyway, your input's very much appreciated. Don't think I ever will upload a 40MByte file though. lolol

:)

They allow you to hotlink an image from album you created.

Example:

That is the direct link to the image I posted from my fractals album.

I want to say that images you post to the site, you retain the rights to but I'm not sure so it's best to look into that as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:57 pm  (#8) 
GimpChat Member

That's alright Mackenzieh; all my renders I consider open source anyway. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:51 pm  (#9) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:
That's alright Mackenzieh; all my renders I consider open source anyway. :)

No problem, Lyle. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 pm  (#10) 
GimpChat Member

Do you know also https://unsplash.com/?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:36 am  (#11) 
GimpChat Member

Never have, Diego. Looks like a promising site to compete against Flickr. If they offer various sizes to download per image, it may be the next contender for me. Thanks for sharing. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:56 pm  (#12) 
GimpChat Member

I have 2 Photobucket accts using 2 slightly different email addresses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:48 pm  (#13) 
GimpChat Member

Didn't know Photobucket was free. Will check that out too, Pauline. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:52 am  (#14) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:

PhotoBucket used to be free. It's not anymore. In order hotlink 3rd party images, you have to pay $400 per year to keep using your exsisting account. I've had a photobucket account for years (and my account was free) until they starting charging users.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:52 am  (#15) 
Script Coder

I've used http://www.23hq.com/ where I don't know of a limit to the total number, but the free version limits you to 1000 uploads per month.

You can customise the colour scheme a bit. It has different sizes for linking.

My photos over there: http://www.23hq.com/paynekj

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:34 am  (#16) 
GimpChat Member

1000 per month would work well for me paynekj. Thanks for the info. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:37 am  (#17) 
GimpChat Member

lylejk wrote:

I have had my free ones for years now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:40 am  (#18) 
GimpChat Member

Just checked Photobucket's site, Pauline and don't see an option for a free account. It may be possible that you were grandfathered in. Still, I just woke up, so might have to revisit the site later to see if I might have missed the link to that info. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:24 pm  (#19) 
Global Moderator

lylejk wrote:

Just got the email about that today - Think I'll be ok though. Doubt I'll ever have 1000 images there.

I had a free Photobucket account 10 years ago. Wasn't sure they were still around.

Last edited by sallyanne on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:44 pm  (#20) 
Global Moderator

I am going to check this out Lyle. - Let us know if you find anything
https://makeawebsitehub.com/free-photo-hosting/
USE:-
Use has a bulk upload feature that lets you upload up to 100 images at once. If you plan to upload large quantities of images, Use might be the best option for you. All the image files remain on the site permanently, and there are no limitations on storage, file size, or bandwidth.

You don’t need to create an account to upload images to Use, but you can make your photos public or private. Use offers a photo editor and image re-sizer, and you can also organize your photos into albums. The site doesn’t give direct links, but you can right-click on your photos to copy the image URL, or you can use the site’s social sharing buttons to post your uploads to social media sites.

Use accepts BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, and TIF files.
--
FREE IMAGE HOSTING:-
Free Image Hosting is very similar to Imgur. You don’t need an account to upload photos, and your photos will be stored on the site forever. The site gives you an HTML code to a link to your photo, which lets you easily share your files.

The site supports JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP files up to 3 MB. The maximum file size is 3,000 KB.

Free Image Hosting is a fast and convenient way to upload photos. It doesn’t have the hyperlink shortener that Imgur offers, but you can still share your photos on other sites. The site’s homepage has large ads, but if you just need a place to quickly upload a picture to share, it’s a great, quick option.
--
POSTIMAGE:-
With PostImage, you can store your photos permanently without creating an account. You can use the website or the desktop software to upload images up to 8 MB. You can also upload images from their URL. The site supports JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PDF, and PSD files.

PostImage allows you to create a gallery with a unique link to share with others. Individual files also each have a direct link that you can share with others. You can resize your photos when you upload them. If you’re planning on only sharing an image once, you can choose to let the photo expire after one day, one week, or one month. If you don’t want the photos to expire, they’ll stay on the site forever.

PostImage is popular for sharing images on forums and message boards. The site has an image upload mod that forum visitors can use to easily share images. The resizing feature is also helpful for forum use because it allows users to resize images to use as avatars.
---
IMGBOX:-
imgbox is completely free and will store your photos permanently. The site is quick and simple to use, and it offers unlimited storage space. You can upload JPG, GIF, or PNG files up to 10 MB in size. The platform offers drag and drop uploading, direct links, forum-friendly codes, and image galleries.

You don’t need to create an imgbox account to upload photos, but creating account allows you to revisit your photos and galleries. With an account, you can also preset your upload settings, which makes uploading photos much faster.

imgbox lets you share images on all social media sites. If you allow it, people can also comment on your photos through the imgbox site. This platform is a fast and easy option for uploading images, especially if you plan to share them on social media.