I have found a possible bug in G'MIC 1.6.5.1 which I need confirmed before I file a bug report.
If you are running:
gimp 2.8 with full python support
gmic 1.6.5.1
(preferably on Debian or a derivitive (including Ubuntu 14.04 or mint 17.1))
Please try the attached script.
Proper response should be your images active layer filled with plasma noise.
To test:
Install the attached file to your plugins folder
(make sure it's is executable)
It adds a big button to your menu bar, so delete it after test.start gimp from the command line as:
Then from gimp:
Filters->G'MIC
set output messages to
Very verbose (console)And watch for error windows.
The command line output I am getting is:
RuntimeError: calling error
[gmic]-1./ Start G'MIC interpreter.
[gmic]-1./gimp_plasma/*if/ Force image [0] to be in RGB mode.
[gmic]-1./gimp_plasma/*if/ Fill image [0] with random values, in range [0,255].
[gmic]-1./gimp_plasma/ Draw plasma fractal on image [0], with alpha 1, beta 7.66 and scale 2.
[gmic]-1./gimp_plasma/ Normalize image [0] in range [0,255].
[gmic]-1./gimp_plasma/*substitute/ Input file '6-8' at position 1
[gmic]-1./gimp_plasma/*substitute/ *** Error *** Unknown filename '6-8'.
[gmic]-1./gimp_plasma/ Abort G'MIC interpreter.
But there are no file operations going on in the plug-in I wrote (which was previously working).
[EDIT: forgot the file !]
[EDIT2 I forgot to make a small change in the code. The newer gmic requires three more arguments than the first one did, the second zip corrects this.]
_________________
The answer was 42. The question is long forgotten. The computer that solved it is now destroyed.
The MK-2 has been built. Should this be the next question?
(Solve if you can ...

)
