litrock wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
OS Version: 8.1
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level
Hello, I'm relatively new to GIMP but as I start to get more versed with it, the one thing I keep noticing is that when I use bold versions of a font it regularly chops off the top 5% or so from the font, no matter the size. Seems to do this across the board, and as far as I can google I haven't seen a fix.
I noticed looking at the board that there were people talking about this as a problem in 2013, with no fix for it, but it's 2014 now and I can't imagine that something as simple as 'make the text display properly' is still not a thing that GIMP has figured out. Does anyone have any tips? And if GIMP truly is just not capable of doing this one thing, any recommendations of another free program that might solve the problem and output text image elements I could then put back into GIMP? Because this is ridiculous.
Did you
report the bug or at least checked that this is a
reported bug?