It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:26 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Envirologo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:55 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 439
Location: home/Nixnine/.gimp-2.0/scripts/nixnine.scm
GIMP Version: 2.8.4
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level



Hey guys. I am having an issue with the envirologo script. I am using ubuntu studio 13.04 -- recently installed -- with Gimp 2.8.4. I had used the script on mint12 with no problem. But now if I try to change the gradient in the create/logo or in the alpha to logo, gimp crashes without a warning/error. I can change any other setting in the script, but the gradient change brings a swift close to the program.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I like the script. :hehe

_________________
I refuse to be confused, but am often confused at this refusal.


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Envirologo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:25 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
The error is with Gimp 2.8.4, you'll need to update to gimp 2.8.6

If you want a fresh install then I got my copy of 2.8.6 from here, I'm running ubuntu 12.04 and not had any known issues.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Envirologo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 439
Location: home/Nixnine/.gimp-2.0/scripts/nixnine.scm
Okay. I will try that.

_________________
I refuse to be confused, but am often confused at this refusal.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Envirologo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:22 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
GnuTux also built in the option in the dropdown menu to use the active gradient because of that bug, so you dont have to upgrade


Top
 Post subject: Re: Envirologo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:11 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Esper wrote:
GnuTux also built in the option in the dropdown menu to use the active gradient because of that bug, so you dont have to upgrade


I know GnuTux built in the active gradient option to avoid the bug but it still effects other scripts that use gradients so really you are better to upgrade, unless you don't plan on using any of the other gradient related scripts.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Envirologo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:14 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 07, 2010
Posts: 439
Location: home/Nixnine/.gimp-2.0/scripts/nixnine.scm
I upgraded and that took care of the problem. Thanks guys.

_________________
I refuse to be confused, but am often confused at this refusal.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group