Well... I've never used this product and don't no anyone that has. I do own a Wacom tablet and enjoy using it. It is however nothing like what this Wacom product has to offer.
From what I've read about it, this thing weighs in at a massive 62.9-pound (28.6 kg). Also, you'll need a substantial amount of space dedicated to it. The Wacom tablet I own can easily fit on my desk alone side my PC and monitor, it's weight is a non-issue and when I'm done using it, I can slide it neatly into one of my desk draws.
One thing that you may need to purchase is a $30 adapter for the DVI cable, which I've seen no mention of in the link you provided for the product.
The Cintiq 24HD touch includes full versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements, Anime Studio Debut, Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Select Edition and a 90-day trial version of Corel Painter 12. That means it's an Adobe based product.
Also from what I've read, the most useful hand gestures were two-finger actions: pinch to zoom in / out and rotating the canvas, and when a tool or action that required more than two fingers to perform was required, results were much less enjoyable.
The non-touch version of the 24HD is still available, and aside from the lack of multi-touch functionality and a handful of improvements to the display panel itself, knocks a $1,100 off the final price of $3,699.
Aside from a few improvements to the display panel, touch functionality is really what distinguishes the two and I'm not convinced that the additional $1,100 is a sound investment.
It seems like a nice product, but would be out of reach for most as well as myself, not to mention impractical.
Another thing is that I don't use my Wacom tablet each and every time I want to do some graphics work on my computer. If I had this product in my living space, I think it just might sit there unused, taking us valuable space.
I would feel comfortable suggesting that you try out a smaller kind of tablet, if you haven't already. To see what kind of use you're most likely to get from it.