It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 11:33 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: I need help quick
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:30 pm  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
A gentlemen call me and asked if I could down size a picture to fit in a locket. I cant get it to work and hate to have to tell him I cant being that he wants it for Christmas can anyone help me


Attachments:
20131222_161653.jpg
20131222_161653.jpg [ 2.55 MiB | Viewed 2763 times ]
Locket.jpg
Locket.jpg [ 936.08 KiB | Viewed 2763 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help quick
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:55 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 17, 2012
Posts: 2769
you want all four of them in there or just the woman ?


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help quick
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:58 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14229
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
here's my try at bringing it down to size...
Image
This may or my not work. I'm not 100% sure... I did make the dip setting 300 for printing. But still don't know if this will work.
You may want to have a look here as well, "Photos for Lockets
Locket Photos"... http://www.photo-gems.com/locket_photos.html

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help quick
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:53 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
Thanks for your help. I am now having trouble getting the picture in the shape of a heart whith out cutting the moms face off any suggestions


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help quick
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:47 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
jeanniem wrote:
Thanks for your help. I am now having trouble getting the picture in the shape of a heart whith out cutting the moms face off any suggestions
How about a clockwise rotate of about 30 degrees. This should put her head in the upper right curve of the heart.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help quick
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:49 pm  (#6) 
Hi Jeanniem,

I approached it slightly differently.
I cropped each of the faces, so I could arrange them in a 'heart' friendlier shape.
I have attached the xcf in case I didn't get the dimensions correct.
Or perhaps you can crop and arrange the original photos yourself...
Image
What I imagine you will see once cropped
Image


Attachments:
Locket.xcf [110.14 KiB]
Downloaded 102 times
Top
 Post subject: Re: I need help quick
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:50 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Nice job fluffy, I would say that whole picture is quite large to reduce to that size, This way makes sense.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group