It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:13 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:33 pm  (#21) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Heroik wrote:
Weird I've tried theme of 4 separate installations of GIMP and it worked for me. :oops:
heres a link of unzipped file maybe this will work for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yrpq4gfi3352oa4/oD0Joh1Cxy
Sigh just getting over being sick had fever etc, so sorry for late reply.

Sorry to find out that you were sick. Thanks for the link, I've download the zip file and it may come in handy.
I'm not sure how far this will go, but I hope to get something started.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 am  (#22) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Heroik wrote:
Weird I've tried theme of 4 separate installations of GIMP and it worked for me. :oops:
heres a link of unzipped file maybe this will work for you.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yrpq4gfi3352oa4/oD0Joh1Cxy
Sigh just getting over being sick had fever etc, so sorry for late reply.

A nice theme Heroik the only thing I needed to change was the fg[NORMAL] color to Black
to make the text a little easier to see
Image

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:29 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
heroik: sorry to hear you've been ill and i wasn't expecting an answer this early anyway - hope it didn't give you too much trouble! thanks for sending the dropbox link, i replaced the old folder with that one - but it didn't change anything. i still get the grey menubar. it looks just like graechan's screenshot, except that i haven't changed the font colour, mine is still yellow. changing the font colour wouldn't be a good solution for me, the light grey would make too much of a contrast against the green to be comfortable for my eyes. i don't want you to take anymore trouble with this unless you want to for your own sake, though! it's a lovely theme you've created but i've used the same dark grey theme for two years now, i'm sure i can live with it for at least two more :).

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:12 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Wallace wrote:
Scottish!? :gaah
Would you like to be involved in this pursuit?
I'm not sure how much I can help, I've only edited .gktrc files. PM if you need anything.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:10 am  (#25) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Odinbc wrote:
Wallace wrote:
Scottish!? :gaah
Would you like to be involved in this pursuit?
I'm not sure how much I can help, I've only edited .gktrc files. PM if you need anything.

Thanks Odin, I'll take you up on that. Even though it might just be my "wishful thinking", but I'm going to work on it nonetheless and see how far i can get.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:59 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Feb 16, 2013
Posts: 74
I'll try loading on my parents computer later on its windows7 my laptop is windows 8 (only darn thing that is available unless you buy used I would install Linux yet it overheats this laptop.)and plus with a fresh install on another computer I may see what is causing this. hmm possibly editting some of the other hexadecimal codes may be the culprit. first I have to finish some sign painting work lol was sick so didn't finish work they are already overdue.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:21 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Wallace wrote:
Thanks Odin, I'll take you up on that. Even though it might just be my "wishful thinking", but I'm going to work on it nonetheless and see how far i can get.
If you didn't already know about it Solarized Palette tested across platforms and useful picking colors for your .gtkrc.
The download includes a Gimp palette for reference.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Keltic Adventure Gimp theme!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:13 pm  (#28) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14224
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Odinbc wrote:
Wallace wrote:
Thanks Odin, I'll take you up on that. Even though it might just be my "wishful thinking", but I'm going to work on it nonetheless and see how far i can get.
If you didn't already know about it Solarized Palette tested across platforms and useful picking colors for you .gtkrc.
The download includes a Gimp palette.

Hey that pretty cool of you, thanks Odin.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group