It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:46 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:23 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Graechan wrote:
have you tried opening your error console then run script with defaults and checking for errors as I gather you have layerfx.py installed (not the 2.8 version)


I have layerfx2.8py installed and the script does run. I just didn't get an apple. When I ran it, nothing came up.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:47 am  (#22) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Mackenzieh go to layerfx.py and download and install layerfx.py as the 2.8 version is different and (a tad buggy)

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:21 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
I finally got it to work
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:29 am  (#24) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Mackenzieh the layerfx2.8 uses layergroups and has never worked properly,congrats on getting this great script from Tranductin to work :clap

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:47 am  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you for the great apple script trandoductin... works very well
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:39 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Congratulations trandoductin! You've worked hard on it and you got it! thank you very much. :clap :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:40 am  (#27) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4557
Location: Canada
Issabella
thanks, next i want to automate the silhoutte text tutorial of yours.

I wonder what you did on your apple to get the bumpy looking stem.

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I just changed one thing and left the rest default, I changed the top green to red. I turned off the backgroud layers after running the script. I don't know what made the stem bumpy, freak of nature I guess.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:28 am  (#29) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4557
Location: Canada
Molly, i was wondering about that stem because I created my own brush in the script. There's a bug i think in gimp that when you run scripts it doesn't seem to use the user's active brush settings, you have to create your own brush (at least that's what i found).

mackenzieh, your apple's stem seems transparent, doesn't look right. I wonder why that is.

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:53 am  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Thanks for the script, trandoductin. Nice work. I really appreciate the fact that you document your code.

Just food for thought, but perhaps future evolutions of the script could contain options to render different kinds of fruits, such as cherries, pears, citrus & melons. It's something to consider and would make your script a more versatile tool.

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 pm  (#31) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4557
Location: Canada
GnuTux,
Thanks, but in order to have other fruits maybe i'll wait for conbagui to have tutorials of other fruits as I suck in drawing, not sure where to start with a different fruit without tutorials. But you're right, it would make a great script if other fruits were available.
This was a good practice to familiarize myself with script-fu's procedures (and bugs).

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:15 pm  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
just another apple....

Attachment:
another-apple.png
another-apple.png [ 560.64 KiB | Viewed 1547 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:34 pm  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Very cool dinasset, your stem seems ok, did you change any other settings besides the green to red?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:50 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
#Molly
I duplicted the apple layer and put the top layer to overlay mode, because the colours I choosed were not enough brilliant for my taste

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:53 pm  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Very good, I am always forgetting the modes and what they can do. Anyway, I like your apple very much.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:05 pm  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
thanks, Molly

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:00 pm  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
a good evening to Molly!

Attachment:
to-Molly.png
to-Molly.png [ 911.64 KiB | Viewed 1527 times ]

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:09 pm  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Wow that is beautiful Dinasset. I will eat the yellow transparent first. Thank you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:14 pm  (#39) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4557
Location: Canada
dinasset,
that's a beautiful composition of 3 apples :hi5

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Green Apple Script
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:28 pm  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
that's a nice bunch of apples. How did you do it?


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group