It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:27 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: For linux users: a lot of PC and Desktop backgrounds.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:36 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 02, 2012
Posts: 203
Location: Cantabria, Spain
Yesterday I found a link to graphic design web/blog site.
There is a lot of artwork for linux distros. Also, the webmaster is working in the artwork development of Pisi Linux project.

Enjoy!

Image

_________________
Image



My Gimp rides on Antergos (Arch), Linux Mint, Debian and Fedora


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: For linux users: a lot of PC and Desktop backgrounds.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:05 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Posts: 376
Location: North Central Ohio, USA
That site has some really nice wallpapers.

I have a ton of wallpapers and for a long period of time I used a wallpaper changing applet.... until the developer stopped working on it and changes to the display manager and whatnot in Linux Mint/Ubuntu caused it to stop working. After trying several from different places I settled on Variety. Variety not only changes the wallpaper at intervals, but will actually fetch images from Desktoppr.co, NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day, the World Sunlight Map from Opentopia, a few Flickr accounts - among others. It also allows the user to include directories and save favorite images. I've been running it on Linux Mint for a few months. Check it out here: http://peterlevi.com/variety/

Some of you may know or know of the author, photographer Peter Levi.

_________________
Life Truth: #12
My cat is a worst typist than I am.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For linux users: a lot of PC and Desktop backgrounds.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:14 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
:tyspin for the links.

I've checked out both of them and they look to have really good content. :pengy

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: For linux users: a lot of PC and Desktop backgrounds.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:35 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thank you bob, long time no see.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: For linux users: a lot of PC and Desktop backgrounds.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:08 pm  (#5) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Nov 06, 2012
Posts: 239
Location: Italy
Thabk you, jamac4k.

This information is really valuable and useful to me, since in the last few months I was exactly looking for some website that would offer Linux-related pictures and wallpapers, this being the material that more than any other can be used freely and with no limitations for creating public domain illustrations and images.

_________________
Gino D's GIMP scripts: https://sites.google.com/site/ginodonig/gimp-scripts


Top
 Post subject: Re: For linux users: a lot of PC and Desktop backgrounds.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 19, 2010
Posts: 376
Location: North Central Ohio, USA
molly wrote:
Thank you bob, long time no see.

Hi molly!

Yeah, I let real life decide how I was going to be spending my time, lol. My virtual life has much more interesting people... :rofl

_________________
Life Truth: #12
My cat is a worst typist than I am.


Top
 Post subject: Re: For linux users: a lot of PC and Desktop backgrounds.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:11 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
Really a lot of art in these wallpapers. Thanks for the link!

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group