It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:16 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Action automation in GIMP 2.8/2.9
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:10 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 18, 2011
Posts: 283
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



Hi,

I have noticed that in GIMP's rotation/Unified Transform tools we do not have an input box for values that could help automate actions. Say I want to duplicate a flower petal by 12 times and automatically rotate these duplicates by 5% around the centre.

Or are there some hot keys I need to use for such operation?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Action automation in GIMP 2.8/2.9
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:37 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
Nothing that I have come across

There is a plugin that does something like that. Probably others.

http://registry.gimp.org/node/28647
and
http://www.arakne.es/en/dessign/gimp-pl ... h-updated/

Not perfect but it is quick.
here I adjusted the source layer orientation, added a little 'spot' to prevent an autocrop
I am no expert with this plugin, so I might be missing something there.

dialog looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/7CsOUnY.jpg

result like this: http://i.imgur.com/WfKQNA2.jpg
Set to generate a layer group. The source layer is bottom left.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Action automation in GIMP 2.8/2.9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:26 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Multi-Replicate might be worth a look.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group