It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 7:12 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: clone stamp in color mode problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:24 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 14, 2013
Posts: 101
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Linux
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



I am used to using photoshop
In phtotoshop I can select clone stamp and use the color mode for the clone stamp tool
I can do that in Gimp too
The trouble is I don't understand why it gives me strange results!
If I open the same photo in both programs
duplicate the background layer(it doesn't matter though if I do it all on the same layer)
then on the top layer use the clone stamp tool set to color
Now the flower has a green centre with purple petals
In photoshp if I seclect the green as the source point and paint over the purple I get green as I am cloning the green source over the purple.
In gimp I am getting Yellow.
How can I get it to clone over and not combine or whatever it's doing.

_________________
using Gimp 2.10.8 with Linux on an ancient laptop


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: clone stamp in color mode problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 am  (#2) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Is your Clone tool in "Normal" mode (selector at top of the Tool options dialog)?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: clone stamp in color mode problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 14, 2013
Posts: 101
Hi, No I chose Color mode on purpose, the layer mode in the layers pallete is normal.
Maybe I am understanding the tool wrong. In photoshop you can use it in normal mode to copy(clone) both the color and texture from one area over another. If you set it to color mode it only copies over the color not the texture. I thought it would behave the same in Gimp but it seems to sort of mix the colors.

_________________
using Gimp 2.10.8 with Linux on an ancient laptop


Top
 Post subject: Re: clone stamp in color mode problem
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:03 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Try "Overlay" mode instead. But I admit the behavior is strange.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group