It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:38 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:18 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



What would be the best way to recreate the stitching in this pic. I am doing it for a friends grandson and have everything done but the stitching around the text.


Attachments:
baseball-jersey-text-effect-photoshop.jpg
baseball-jersey-text-effect-photoshop.jpg [ 208.96 KiB | Viewed 3754 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I am going to try something else to see if I can make it work... have to go out for a few hrs.
Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:33 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Make an image of a stitch, save as a brush, stroke the path of the text with the brush.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:47 am  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
My path-waves script, perhaps?

Attachment:
Stitches2.png
Stitches2.png [ 103.04 KiB | Viewed 3704 times ]

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:57 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
I have a stitch brush now how do I stroke the path using a brush?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:08 pm  (#6) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: May 07, 2014
Posts: 4558
Location: Canada
jeanniem,
Image
what i am having trouble with is how to make the brush angle change based on direction of stroke.
I tried everything and can't get the angle to change dynamically based on direction.
anyone knows how? let me know
edit: found it I had to click on Emulate Brush dynamics for angle to change dynamically based on direction

_________________
Image
Visualize your and others dreams coming true.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:36 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Good work guys, I forgot about your script ofnuts. thanks

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re:Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:31 pm  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
Thank you all for your suggestions. I played around with different pattern, color overlays and embossed it and this is the result. This isn't exactly what I envisioned but I think it works.


Attachments:
Vince.4 x 6.png
Vince.4 x 6.png [ 2.49 MiB | Viewed 3627 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:41 pm  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I like that a lot Jeanniem. Works for me too.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:44 pm  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 10, 2013
Posts: 1004
Wow jeanniem that is perfect. :clap Would love to know how it's done. :oops:

_________________
Image
Macbook Air - MacOS Sierra 10.12
McGimp 2.8.14
G'mic 1.6.5


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:47 pm  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
I have not mastered the art of writing a tutorial, but I hope to soon.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:56 am  (#12) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
before that please try ofnuts path-waves as it will change a path into exactly what you are looking for

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:33 am  (#13) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
The embroidering way is nice. Here is an attempt (just stroked the path with Cell02, size 10%, 30% spacing). Below, the same with an underlying shot with path-waves:

Attachment:
StitchesEmbroidering.png
StitchesEmbroidering.png [ 228.38 KiB | Viewed 1896 times ]

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:08 am  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
They are both very nice and would work great in the logo.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Recreating the Stitching
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:45 am  (#15) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
You can also try my Embroider Stitcher script. :)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group