It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 4:12 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:27 pm  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Ok, I am having quite a time with the bg, I hit B for the red bg and if I let go of of the B the dots turn green. I have to go over areas several time because some of them keep coming back. I haven't got the dark cleared from the hairline yet but I guess I need some more practice.
Other than that, I think it will be great if I can do that
Image.

Image


Feel free to give it a try to get the dark from the hairline anyone.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:33 pm  (#42) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Does this new filter allow for partially/transparent pixels also? Looks like you are having problems with those Molly. For instance the hair.

Also how did you folks get the 32 bit beta to work in GIMP-2.8.10 64 bit?
I tried placing the plugins and dll files in the 32 bit folder but that didn't work. Placing them in the user/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins folder causes a 64 bit error.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:38 pm  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I don't know you first question Rod. I didn't see anywhere that gave that feature
The second question is I downloaded the link that grosood posted back a couple posts.
It didn't say what it was for but I installed it in my Fedora (64-bit) plug-ins and it showed up right away.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:40 pm  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Feb 28, 2014
Posts: 137
It's on my to do list to learn python. I've played with modding some scripts, but with mixed results, so my contributions beyond the occasional tutorial when I figure something out I haven't seen posted, are in the future, I'm afraid.

_________________
Margaret McGaffey Fisk
steampunk, fantasy, science fiction, and romance author
Tales to Tide You Over


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:54 pm  (#45) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
molly wrote:
I don't know you first question Rod. I didn't see anywhere that gave that feature
The second question is I downloaded the link that grosood posted back a couple posts.
It didn't say what it was for but I installed it in my Fedora (64-bit) plug-ins and it showed up right away.


Actually i am trying to install 32 bit G'MiC-1.6.0.1 Beta into my 64 bit GIMP-2.8.10.

Partially transparent pixels refers to areas such as the hair in your image that have some colors that you deem FG and some you deem BG. So the hair FG colors you place a "green" dot on will remain and the rest will be transparent.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 pm  (#46) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Ok i have compiled from the GIT repository ( 64 bit G'MIC-Beta-1.6.0.1) and i still have no reset button on the dialog but i now have (upon hitting Apply) an unresponsive G'MIC. As if it is trying to build the interactive window. No errors at all though.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:39 pm  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I could try that Rod. can't hurt, she already looks like a plucked chicken. :teeth

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:45 pm  (#48) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
molly wrote:
I could try that Rod. can't hurt, she already looks like a plucked chicken. :teeth

This filter could really benefit from zooming in to get the dots on the correct pixels for FG or BG selection. According to David this could take a while to implement. This is an amazing addition to G'MIC though.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:09 pm  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
This is amazing! So the new code allow to interact in a new window?. Great, a lot of new possibilities for G'MIC.

The filter is very intuitive and easy to use. I'll try the filter on the hair, which is where most of these foreground extraction algorithms suffer a lot.

Thank you very much for the new filter and new features in G'MIC!

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:33 pm  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Try it on my girl Yafu, I am still playing around with it and it is getting more chopier all the time. grrrr

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:15 pm  (#51) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Finally, I've figured out how to code the zoom feature as well.
It's almost ready, mouse wheel and arrow keys will be used to zoom in/out and navigate in the zoomed view.
'Page down' and 'page up' keys will be then used instead to increase/decrease the background opacity.
Stay tuned :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:18 pm  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
molly wrote:
Try it on my girl Yafu, I am still playing around with it and it is getting more chopier all the time. grrrr


Yep molly, the filter can do a good job in this photo. But this kind of hair and with that background is the real challenge:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markjsebastian/3303349658/

So, here are two links to experiment :) :
http://www.photoshop-designs.es/2010/12 ... s-ejemplos
http://digital-photography-school.com/p ... -with-wind

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:31 pm  (#53) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thanks Yafu, I did want to do it with Mia, but I will try the wind blown ones later, I think the script works quite well but has a way to go yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:42 pm  (#54) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
I am attempting one more compile with the GIT src files for G'MIC-1.6.0.1 Beta.
David have the GIT src's been updated with this new code?


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:08 pm  (#55) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 15, 2014
Posts: 115
Location: Brooklyn, NY
@Rod
This is his latest commit:
commit 272e6086ad590a178bb9bd7b78b27034c656ad1f
Author: ronounours <[email protected]>
Date: Sat Sep 13 23:38:06 2014 +0200

It's about 4 am CET (+0200) as of this writing. Could be he's taking a nap.

I'm starting a build myself, but nap-time beckons here as well. I'll see what state the toys are in the morning. G'nite, all.

GRO


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:43 pm  (#56) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Seems the latest build from GIT doesn't work either. Clicking on Apply only adds a new layer. No new window.
I have tried the src from Sourceforge also and that one actually hangs upon clicking the Apply button. I guess we wait for a possible Samj build. Although i believe she gets src from GIT also. Not sure if it's a DLL issue or something else entirely. Normally you would need only change the gmic-gimp executable file. The DLL files would stay the same.This is what i have done. Pulled all the needed DLL files from mingw's 64 bit directory.
cp /mingw/bin/pthreadGC2-w64.dll
...ect...ect


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:13 pm  (#57) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Rod I just attempted to build a 64bit compile from git as well, although gmic 64 1601 Beta worked the filter failed

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:21 am  (#58) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Graechan wrote:
Rod I just attempted to build a 64bit compile from git as well, although gmic 64 1601 Beta worked the filter failed

Graechan does the filter crash G'MIC or does it just create a new layer and no new window?


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:39 am  (#59) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
After I clicked OK gmic closed and no screen appeared, if i clicked Apply gmic stayed open and again no screen appeared

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:55 am  (#60) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Graechan wrote:
After I clicked OK gmic closed and no screen appeared, if i clicked Apply gmic stayed open and again no screen appeared


Have you set the options for output for active layer and new layer? When i did this i got a new layer but no new window. If i don't set the options for new layer i get the same results you do. I believe the problem is that the filter can not open a new window. The filter works and adds a new layer but because it receives no FG and BG input the image stays the same. Perhaps something in the new adjustment window code needs to be changed for 64 bit?

Funny thing is the tar file on G'MIC's download page compiled as 64 bit just crashes after clicking Apply or OK.
Totally different results.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group