It is currently Sat Oct 10, 2026 6:20 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:17 am  (#101) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
A reminder to everyone :you must replace all your existing Gmic files including .dll's with the new ones

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:23 am  (#102) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Also Graechan, I'd love to have an installer available for the G'MIC plug-in, for Win64 systems.
Do you think this is something you can achieve easily. I have already an .iss configuration file I use for the Win32 version : https://sourceforge.net/p/gmic/source/ci/master/tree/resources/gmic_gimp.iss
(Inno Setup Installer configuration file).
I wonder if this could be easy to adapt it a little bit to make an installer from your .7z archive. Do you have any ideas about this ?


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:42 am  (#103) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Ronounours wrote:
Also Graechan, I'd love to have an installer available for the G'MIC plug-in, for Win64 systems.
Do you think this is something you can achieve easily. I have already an .iss configuration file I use for the Win32 version : https://sourceforge.net/p/gmic/source/ci/master/tree/resources/gmic_gimp.iss
(Inno Setup Installer configuration file).
I wonder if this could be easy to adapt it a little bit to make an installer from your .7z archive. Do you have any ideas about this ?

David I can see no reason you can't adapt the 32bit installer for my archive files, I know nothing about installers myself and have always used the zips to install files.
I'm sure someone here tonight could test the installer for you

Just looked at the installer script file and it looks complicated to me but not impossible
after the script is amended what happens next

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:42 am  (#104) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 21, 2012
Posts: 13
I just tested the latest version of the filter, this is so easy even for a non really gimp user like me!

Thank you again.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:34 am  (#105) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Graechan wrote:
Here are the Windows 64bit files

Attachment:
gmic_gimp_1.6.0.1_beta_win64.7z

Thanks Graechan. Works excellent for me. :)
Though i still have no "RESET" button. Clicking the reset button on the bottom of the dialog just crashes the plug-in.
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:01 am  (#106) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
I love the middle button to refresh the changes. Control point-update, Control point-update...... really fast!

In the next butterfly have taken many control points, anyway a quick work:
Image

Here the real image:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... phrena.jpg

Where I have had more problems is on the edge of the wings down. Where black and white segments are interleaved. There has been necessary to cover almost everything that edge with control points

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:34 pm  (#107) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Rod I hope you have resolved your problems

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm  (#108) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
OK; Graechan's beta version works (replaced all files like he said to do). When I refreshed, I do not see the new extraction option under testing like the video shows. What gives?


Attachments:
capture.png
capture.png [ 135 KiB | Viewed 1862 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 pm  (#109) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 09, 2011
Posts: 726
lylejk, it's not under testing. it is in Contours > Extract Foreground

_________________
Image
Be patient, English is not my language.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:40 pm  (#110) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
:ninja It is under contours Lyle. It started out under the other tab but David moved it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:44 pm  (#111) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Yeah; discovered that a few minutes later and was going to delete my entry but you guys replied (to my shame; lololol). All I can say is it's extremely quick and very good (won't share; just testing). Thanks a heap Graechan for 64-bit compile. Thanks a heap times 2 for the new extraction feature David. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:54 pm  (#112) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Lyle Your Welcome my friend I know you'll love this new filter

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:59 pm  (#113) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Tried another extraction and the plugin crashed (used a lot of forground and background points). Not sure why it crashed. Below's the error. :)


Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 57.61 KiB | Viewed 2201 times ]

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 pm  (#114) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Lyle did you select 'active layer' for input and 'new layer(s)' for output

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:32 pm  (#115) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Not sure anymore (had worked the first time I tried). I just remember chosing layers in G'MIC. I've since closed GIMP. I'll play again later though to see Graechan. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 pm  (#116) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Lyle here's one I did with my shaky hand using default settings (to many points can be bad)
Image

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:04 pm  (#117) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
I've started a variation of this filter, in order to colorize comics.
Check it out :)

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com


I'll try to make it available after that for coloring B&W photographs as well.
Stay tuned :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:07 pm  (#118) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Wow, that is really great David, I could have some fun with that one. I will make Wallace with purple hair, :teeth

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:21 pm  (#119) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Thank you David, awesome as usual.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
 Post subject: Re: [G'MIC] Smart foreground extraction tool
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:37 pm  (#120) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12850
Awesome; now you can judge real time your results before committing. Hope you do this for grayscale colorization too. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group