It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:37 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:26 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Thanks, Graechan. My GAP has no "Move Path Singleframe" or "Render".Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:17 pm  (#22) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Feb 18, 2011
Posts: 4826
Location: Bendigo Vic. Australia
Carlos Diniz your GAP is for 2.6 you need to delete it and install GAP 2.7

_________________
Image
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:16 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Thanks, Graechan. What's the way to uninstall GAP 2.6? Remember: I installed it with an installer.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:36 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
Carlos, I installed manually GAP 2.6 and I created 2 new sub folders in user>plug-ins and user>scripts
Probably instead you will have the 27 exe files(let me know if you want the list) in c:>Program files>GIMP2>lib>GIMP>2.0>plug-ins together the regular gimp files.
(try i.e. to locate the file "gap_bluebox.exe)

you should also locate the other 2 script files (gap-dup-continue.scm and sel-to-anim-img.scm)


Next step will be to move these files in a safe place ( if the updating is not OK we need to move back all these files)

if you dont have already done download GAP2.7 from the location that Graechan gave

create 2 new sub-folders ( like GAP-plug-ins and GAP-scripts) and put that under the user folders.
After copy from the GAP2.7 the files and past in them

In the GIMP preferences you need write the adress of the new sub-folders

and.....(pray).... , you should have the new menu VIDEO
and GAP2.7 working


this ,in my opinion, should be the procedure

In the next days I will try to do the updating,
let me know if you need more detailed info.


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:11 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
I updated GAP2.6 with GAP2.7 (downloaded from Sourceforge)
but every time that I click on Video commands only, this warning appare

Image

but if I click over "cancel box" 2 times I am able to continue without problems

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW I CAN AVOID THIS WARNING?

another minor thing is that disappeared the Enhance in Video>layer>Attribute

I made some limited tests and it seems working

Thank you for your suggestions


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Thank you, Marcello. I installed GAP 2.7 following your instructions.
Apparently, the GAP is working fine except when I use: Frames modify> Apply filter on all layers> plugin map object. When I use this function the GIMP crashes, ie, the GIMP closes. So, I continue with the same problem as before when I used the GAP 2.6. In fact, worse, because before he did not run the plugin, but GIMP remained still active.
I wish so much that our programmers update GAP for Gimp 2.8.10, because I love doing animation with GAP. Fortunately, it still works well in Gimp 2.6.
But it seems to me that nobody is willing to undertake this huge task.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:26 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
Carlos , if you dont know, goes to the following old topic , maybe you can find something interesting about your problem:

gimp-gap v2.7.0 for windows 32Bits(unstable developers version)

and also
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp-gap/tree/NEWS

In my opinion seems that not too much people are interested in GAP!

Have a nice day!


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:50 am  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 590
Thanks, Marcello.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: FX-Foundry and GAP for 2.8
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:22 am  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
Carlos, I agree with your PM
good luck


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


cron

* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group