It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:00 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:51 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level



I need help to solve this problem: I've recently applied Glass-Frame-Script on several images without any problem until I applied it on images larger to 2900*2175 px. Could someone tell me what is wrong in my CP or Gimp? I've set the captures I have each time I try it. Thank you in advance.


Attachments:
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 13.57.07.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 13.57.07.png [ 770.4 KiB | Viewed 3607 times ]
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 13.56.49.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 13.56.49.png [ 901.39 KiB | Viewed 3607 times ]
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 13.56.23.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 13.56.23.png [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 3607 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:01 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
Issabella, maybe you can read post #73 in this topic

http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11073&start=70

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:12 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Ella Louise, thank you so much for your quick answer. Yes, it can be the problem. I'd like have a little more power in my PC, but it's ok. I'll reduce the size before running that wonderful script. Thank you so much.


Attachments:
blinkthanksplz.gif
blinkthanksplz.gif [ 5.8 KiB | Viewed 3570 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 am  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Ella Louise, thanks, I'm aware of Issabella problem
but in this case the error seems to be different
- it's not the parameter being > 65 (which btw occurred with images larger than 3300)
- Issabella has installed the fixed version of my script, tested by the author of post#73
It is certainly caused by a large image, but seems to deal with c++ libraries (???)

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:05 am  (#5) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Most of my photographs are large so I thought it was a big one before I deleted my post. Anyway I tried it again on a 4288 x 3216 and the script ran. I only made a very small selection though. 'The part of the picture I wanted to stand out'
The picture is too large to post here.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:17 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Sallyanne, your idea was good and I tried it on a large image with a small selection, but it continue giving error. I must have something wrong in C++, even I don't know what is that.
Thank you.

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:19 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
maybe, Issabella, you should try to get again that error mentioning the c++
the script per se now accepts also large images

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:38 am  (#8) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Dinasset, I ran your script and It worked all right with a small selection. Then I did other a little bigger and it didn't work right, it always shuts the programme in a white screen. :(


Attachments:
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.30.46.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.30.46.png [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 3526 times ]
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.32.24.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.32.24.png [ 916.73 KiB | Viewed 3526 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:59 am  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Just in case someone here in the forum know how to correct this error about C++, I set the captures I have when I run this script in large images. Thank you so much.


Attachments:
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.46.53.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.46.53.png [ 554.38 KiB | Viewed 3520 times ]
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.46.28.png
Captura de pantalla 2014-10-04 16.46.28.png [ 826.02 KiB | Viewed 3520 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:06 am  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 17, 2014
Posts: 1572
dinasset wrote:
Ella Louise, thanks, I'm aware of Issabella problem
but in this case the error seems to be different


Sorry dinasset, thought it was the same problem.

@ Issabella, hope your problem is solved soon!

_________________
Ella's gallery - YouTube


Top
 Post subject: Re: Error in large images
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:43 am  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
I changed to gimp-2.8.14 trying to check if it may be what was wrong in my problem when I do a big selection on large image. It seems to do with the size of the selection as in small size it runs ok in large or small images.
As I have other new window with the new version of Gimp, I set it here just in case someone can detect what is wrong in my case.
Thank you so much, :tyspin


Attachments:
untitled.png
untitled.png [ 855.36 KiB | Viewed 1177 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group