It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:20 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Does this exist?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:40 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Oct 15, 2014
Posts: 3
GIMP Version: 2.6.12
Operating System: Linux
OS Version: Linux Mint 13 Maya Mate LTS
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level



I have been working on an abstract bubble background. There are perhaps ten layers, but I only animate three of them by manually clicking one three different layers and using layer/ transform/offset and changing the values with wrap on and then saving the file with a new sequential name. Is there already a script that does this, or is there one that is close to it that is easily adaptable? I use three different settings, x 6 y 6, x 4 y 4, and x 2 y 2. I like the effect, but I want to be able to do it quicker with other work that I create. It took me all day to do the 250 frames that I made before it was loopable. Any suggestions?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Does this exist?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:55 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
This can probably be done with GAP, do you have that installed?
Gimp Gap

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Does this exist?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:38 pm  (#3) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Oct 15, 2014
Posts: 3
Yes, I have GAP installed. The player was useful while I was creating it if I got distracted and wanted to make sure that I didn't lose my place in the process. I didn't see anything that lets me make 3 different layers change positions at 3 different rates. Am I missing something?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Does this exist?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:45 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Apr 23, 2010
Posts: 1553
Location: not from Guildford after all
When using GAP, one generally starts with an image containing a single background layer and then runs "Video->Duplicate Frames" to create all of the other frames in the image.

Next one would create their moving "object" in a separate image, then (in the original image) use "Video->Move Path" to import that object to each of their frames, specifying a path along which the object is supposed to move. The speed of the object is controlled by the length of the path.

This is repeated for the other objects.

Attachment:
anim-example.gif
anim-example.gif [ 165.68 KiB | Viewed 2982 times ]

_________________
Any sufficiently primitive technology is indistinguishable from a rock.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Does this exist?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:16 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
http://www.gimptalk.com/index.php?/topi ... orial-set/
maybe this topic can help you in detail


Top
 Post subject: Re: Does this exist?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:27 pm  (#6) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Oct 15, 2014
Posts: 3
Thanks.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group