It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:20 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Magic Wand selecting but selection disappears at mouse up
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:07 am  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Oct 17, 2014
Posts: 4
GIMP Version: 2.8.8
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



Hello,

This is the first time this happens to me. When I use the magic wand, click on the area, Gimp selects the right area according to my threshold.

However, when I release the mouse left button, the selection disappears. There's only one file in which this happens. Would anybody have an idea?

Thanks
Gerard


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Magic Wand selecting but selection disappears at mouse up
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:12 am  (#2) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Oct 17, 2014
Posts: 4
Well, that was weird. I restarted Gimp, and now this doesn't occur anymore...


Top
 Post subject: Re: Magic Wand selecting but selection disappears at mouse up
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:35 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I have that happen a lot but in mine I think it is a different problem. I have been blaming it on the mouse and I changed them and it still happens. It seems to be double clicking or it is too sensitive, I don't know. Glad it is working for you now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Magic Wand selecting but selection disappears at mouse up
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:42 am  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
GerardYin wrote:
Well, that was weird. I restarted Gimp, and now this doesn't occur anymore...


Likely you had "View>Show selection" checked off. Hit Ctrl-T to toggle it. This setting is likely reset when you restart Gimp(*) which is why everything worked again after a restart.

(*) This is controlled by Edit>Preferences ->Image Windows/Appearance/Default appearance in Normal Mode

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group