Hi ofnuts!
But if you put in your photo the watermark "Creative Commons (by-nc-sa) - by Ofnuts" and then I steal your photo and I sell/publish your photo as if it were mine, it does not make much sense that "my" photo appear labeled as "Creative Commons (by-nc-sa) - by Ofnuts".
So my idea is to put the license and authorship as a visible foot note. But those footnotes can be removed easily. So also I want to put hidden watermarks in important places of the image. Thus for example in a forum I can make clear to others that some user is not in compliance with my photo license writing the instructions: You open the image in GIMP - Do this and that and you can read the watermark.
Here I found this tutorial for photoshop, but I'm not sure how to do it in GIMP (at least the result of what I'm doing is not good):
http://www.cgrats.com/create-an-invisib ... oshop.htmlEdit:
I've done it as explained in the above tutorial for photoshop, just obtained better or worse results according to the luminosity/saturation of the area where the text is placed:
====
Steps:
Open your image. Type a text in black color. Select the text layer and choose the blending mode as "Color". If text does not disappear entirely, move the text to a better place. You can reduce the opacity of the text layer, but not less than 50%. Then select a layer in layers field and choose "Flatten image". Save/export your image.
To see the watermark:
Open the image you saved. In "Colors" > "Hue-Saturation" put the saturation to the maximum value. Then you play with the "Hue" to see the watermark.
=====
Aanyway the thread remains open, just in case you know a better technique
