It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:35 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:38 pm  (#21) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Odinbc wrote:
Use the Gimp Colour Picker Tool to chose the screen colour 'before' you add text. This will change both the regular foreground colour and text colour option. If that doesn't work, you have issues with your set-up.

I think you may be right Odin. ;)
There might be some corrupt files causing this issue, if it is as you describe.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:42 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2014
Posts: 37
Odinbc wrote:
Use the Gimp Colour Picker Tool to chose the screen colour 'before' you add text. This will change both the regular foreground colour and text colour option. If that doesn't work, you have issues with your set-up.


I can do that sort of.. I use the picker to change the foreground color, then open the text tool, and I will find the foreground color in the most recent swatch. That's ok, but it's still a detour.

Anyway, I made a short clip to show you how my cursor does *not* change and does *not* change the text color. At least, you can tell it I'm doing something wrong or my system doesn't work properly (it's only 0:57):

http://youtu.be/D-jygvqOoGM

Thanks,
Stefan


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:47 pm  (#23) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
coalman wrote:
Anyway, I made a short clip to show you how my cursor does *not* change and does *not* change the text color. At least, you can tell it I'm doing something wrong or my system doesn't work properly (it's only 0:57):

http://youtu.be/D-jygvqOoGM

Thanks,
Stefan

Your video is "private" so we can't see it. :gaah

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:42 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2014
Posts: 37
ofnuts wrote:
Your video is "private" so we can't see it. :gaah


Oops sorry, I mixed up 'private' with 'unlisted'. Should work now.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:36 pm  (#25) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
coalman wrote:
ofnuts wrote:
Your video is "private" so we can't see it. :gaah


Oops sorry, I mixed up 'private' with 'unlisted'. Should work now.

That's exactly was the same thing that my gif image is explaining. http://www.gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 11#p157017

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:33 am  (#26) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8474
Location: On the other side of your screen
I saw it while it is unlisted.
That is strange. I just tried it and it works ok for me.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:25 am  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2014
Posts: 37
Wallace wrote:
That's exactly was the same thing that my gif image is explaining. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11611#p157017


Sorry, no disrespect here... I looked at that image, but I don't understand what it shows me.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:07 am  (#28) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14220
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
coalman wrote:
Wallace wrote:
That's exactly was the same thing that my gif image is explaining. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11611#p157017


Sorry, no disrespect here... I looked at that image, but I don't understand what it shows me.

Did you download the gif file and watch it?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Picking a text color
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:21 pm  (#29) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 26, 2014
Posts: 37
Wallace wrote:
Did you download the gif file and watch it?


Only now that you mentioned 'watch it' did I realize this is an animated gif! Anyway, your clip shows exactly what isn't working on my system. In fact, my video clip is pretty similar to yours from about 0:30, except that you can change the color while I can't.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group