GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Beginner Level
List any ERROR messages you received:Opening 'aaa.xcf' failed:
GIMP XCF image plug-In could not open image
I was working on an image in GIMP 2.8 as usual; one that I have been at for over a month and half. Suddenly while the program was still open my laptop instantly shut off due to poor battery. When I turned the pc back on and reopened GIMP, however, every single one of my files was perfectly accessible except for the one I was editing when the computer shut off. Instead, I get a message stating that opening the file was a failure and that the "GIMP XCF image plug-In could not open image." I tried restarting the laptop, but nothing changed. What exactly happened to this file, and how can I go back to a point when the file was healthy?
