It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:25 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Blurry Image When Printed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:48 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Mar 06, 2015
Posts: 1
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



So I'm not sure if this is a Gimp issue or not, but...
I created a small image file with text and a small photo in the middle, about 2x2". The image looks fine after exporting to a .png file, but when I print it out, all the elements come out looking unfocused. The photo in the middle especially looks blurry. Anything else I print on this printer looks fine, so I have no clue why this particular image is not working! Any ideas?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Blurry Image When Printed
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:33 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 5127
Location: Metro Vancouver, BC
Velociraptor wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.8.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Basic Level



So I'm not sure if this is a Gimp issue or not, but...
I created a small image file with text and a small photo in the middle, about 2x2". The image looks fine after exporting to a .png file, but when I print it out, all the elements come out looking unfocused. The photo in the middle especially looks blurry. Anything else I print on this printer looks fine, so I have no clue why this particular image is not working! Any ideas?

In Gimp, first check the Image | Print Size. This needs to be set properly before you begin editing the image. I'm guessing your printer settings might be scaling the image. If your not sure report back with your image Print Size. Sometimes it's better to export as a PDF and print from the PDF viewer, often there are additional print options.

_________________
Image
Gimp 2.8.18, Linux, median user
Gimp Chat Tutorials Index
Spirit Bear (Kermode)


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group