It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:19 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:43 am  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
A beautiful start Issabella. Keep playing.

Lovely work Marcello!


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:05 am  (#42) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you Erisian, I appreciate your words coming from you a Master in Fractals. :) :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:28 pm  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
oldmangrumpy wrote:
Forza Juve!

Now Marcello, I have been trying to follow your instructions; however there are no menus and I can not work out how to load your files and error messages keep popping up. I am beginning to wonder if we are all on the same page :oops:

This is the screen I see, from the files I downloade/installed from Erisian's link.
[ Image ]

Is this the Fractal Explorer you are familiar with? I did a quick search on the net and found that apparently there have been several fractal explorers over the years (including one in GIMP!).


I think that Juve was very lucky!!!!

About FRACTAL EXPLORER I have a different version sorry
I don't remember where I downloaded ( years ago )

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:31 pm  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
Erisian wrote:
Lovely work Marcello!


Thank you
today fractal

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:50 pm  (#45) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Marcello - Juve probably a bit lucky bit RM did not play well enough to go through!

No problem re Fractal Explorer - I thoink you must be using the same program referred to by Mater earlier in the thread.

Dinasset has given me a few other links so I will try to learn one of them. Thank you anyway and I really like the silvery fractal above.

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:52 am  (#46) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 01, 2015
Posts: 5
:(

I have just downloaded Fractual Explorer and it doesn't seem to work with Windows 8.1...


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:34 am  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
I did it with TIERA, but I'm still practising. :)


Attachments:
Jungle2-54.JPG
Jungle2-54.JPG [ 417.59 KiB | Viewed 1658 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:19 am  (#48) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
issabella: :wow that's beautiful, just my style of thing :)! well done for getting this after not so long with tierazon. have you gimped it at all?

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:33 am  (#49) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much AnMal, I'm happy you like it. I got the big one and then added the little central fractal. I didn't do anything else. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:34 am  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
That is a beautiful fractal Issabella!


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:37 pm  (#51) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
I appreciate so much your words, Erisian. I made a few more tries and I love creating fractals as they are always fantastic. :) :bigthup


Attachments:
'style-First sample.JPG
'style-First sample.JPG [ 437.57 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]
Jungle+formula+filtervariations.JPG
Jungle+formula+filtervariations.JPG [ 334.99 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]
Jungle+formula.JPG
Jungle+formula.JPG [ 196.18 KiB | Viewed 1664 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:41 pm  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
and these.


Attachments:
Jungle2-30.JPG
Jungle2-30.JPG [ 425.19 KiB | Viewed 1663 times ]
Playing.JPG
Playing.JPG [ 310.73 KiB | Viewed 1663 times ]
Jungle-Julia-Bay Factor1-new.JPG
Jungle-Julia-Bay Factor1-new.JPG [ 181.59 KiB | Viewed 1663 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:23 pm  (#53) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 10, 2014
Posts: 845
nice works Issabella!


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:53 pm  (#54) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
fantastic colors, Isabella.


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:15 pm  (#55) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
now you are becoming a real master of fractals, Issabella! congrats

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:45 am  (#56) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Beautiful work Issabella. You're finding some great shapes there and the colours are lovely too.


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:22 am  (#57) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
How much I appreciate your words Marcello, 2-ton, Dinasset and Erisian. I know that I have so much to learn, but little by little... I will start to get the good ones as Erisian's and AnMal's. :) :tyspin

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:39 am  (#58) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
issabella: i really love your last set of fractals - great work, you're learning a lot faster than me :). i guess i still think the best part is the gimping i do afterwards. the top one looks like a flower in a space bouquet :).

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:57 am  (#59) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
AnMal, thank you for your nice words to my outcomes. :) :tyspin
Some Fractals are great as they are, imo. I enhanced two of these three in GIMP. :)


Attachments:
Final4.JPG
Final4.JPG [ 303.41 KiB | Viewed 1612 times ]
fract04.JPG
fract04.JPG [ 565.15 KiB | Viewed 1612 times ]
fract016.JPG
fract016.JPG [ 931.54 KiB | Viewed 1612 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: some fractals
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:30 am  (#60) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
issabella: some lovely fractals you have there! yes, fractals are nice the way they are - it's just me who can't stop playing with them :).

_________________


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group