It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:55 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:23 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
Along the borderlands between Dyn' Raeth and Am 'Athir live the wingless fairies known as Cerilla, a race so adept in camoflage that they have only been seen by woodland creatures and some wood elves. Deur is of the nobility and is therefore involved in politics and also in counselling as relationships are seen as extremely important to the future of the race.

Image


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:41 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
erisian: it's sure been fun watching deur grow out of the first sketch! i've said it to you before, but i really like this character, she has a great presence and i'm not sure i would like to meet her, but i wouldn't fear for my life if i did. the light and colours are beautiful and what we see of her clothes too. but you've heard every comment of mine before anyway, so why should i go on? you did a great job on her:hi5

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:05 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Wow; fantastic result Erisian. I suppose you and Griatch will soon get together and duke it out. Fantastic talent we have here at GIMPChat. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:08 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Yayy! finally an Erisian painting after so long! :D

The coloring is very good! The one thing that bugs me a bit is the eyes, they seem to lack a little detail around colored part as it is now the pupil and glare make the eyes look more alien than semi humanoid. - And the huge slant in the eyes makes him look a bit feminine. Though, this being a fictional race who knows what a female would look like! Also I think one eye is visibly smaller...the one on the left side of the image.


I love the depth in the shading and how the slightly yellow skin looks convincing. :D
And I want a shirt like his, it looks very stylish! :hehe

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:54 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
AnMal: Thank you for your support and encouragement along the way. :)

lylejk wrote:
I suppose you and Griatch will soon get together and duke it out.

That is the best compliment I have ever had for my work - thank you Lyle. :hi5

Moko: I may do some more work on the eyes but I doubt it. I've spent so long on this painting I really want to start something new now, but thank you for your comments. In a way, all my work is unfinished. Deur is actually supposed to be a female - for some reason, I rarely paint males but I suppose I ought to expand my subject matter a little. :)

Conbagui: Thank you very much. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:34 am  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Gosh that is very good Eris... where have you been hiding all this talent from? Keep it up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:47 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Erisian, your painting is impressive. I like the strength that she has in her eyes. Thanks for sharing. :paint :bump

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:07 am  (#8) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5052
Location: Sydney Australia
Erisian - from one of those who cannot paint or draw ... well done for a fabulous image and such an attractive character. Do I denote some Gaelic influence in the names?

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:17 am  (#9) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
molly wrote:
Gosh that is very good Eris... where have you been hiding all this talent from? Keep it up.

Thanks Molly. I haven't been hiding it - it's been hiding from me.

Issabella wrote:
Erisian, your painting is impressive. I like the strength that she has in her eyes. Thanks for sharing. :paint :bump

Thank you very much Issabella.

oldmangrumpy wrote:
Erisian - from one of those who cannot paint or draw ... well done for a fabulous image and such an attractive character. Do I denote some Gaelic influence in the names?

Thank you. Quite possibly a subconscious connection as I have a very strong liking for Celtic history, art and music - particularly Irish music.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:29 am  (#10) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
Ohhhh, I figured from the harsh features you were trying to draw a male. Okay well ignore me then, what do I know. :lol

It's fine how it is. xD

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:39 pm  (#11) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 25, 2011
Posts: 914
Location: Mount Olive, North Carolina
That's an impressive result! I like the mood of the scene; you did a good job with the lighting.

One observation: the right (our right) ear looks a bit blurry. Perhaps strengthen the lines at the border?

Nice work, though!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:04 am  (#12) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
merrak wrote:
One observation: the right (our right) ear looks a bit blurry. Perhaps strengthen the lines at the border

Well spotted merrak. I had been working on the painting for so long I didn't spot this. I'll get back to it.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:42 am  (#13) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
erisian: i think it might be because your own ears are a bit blurry that you don't spot it in your images. at least i think your ears must be a bit blurry, otherwise i can't explain why you don't hear me when i say you should have a cup of tea instead of all that coffee!

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:25 am  (#14) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 28, 2012
Posts: 3060
Location: Idk where I am.
AnMal wrote:
erisian: i think it might be because your own ears are a bit blurry that you don't spot it in your images. at least i think your ears must be a bit blurry, otherwise i can't explain why you don't hear me when i say you should have a cup of tea instead of all that coffee!

:lol

_________________
Image
Reality is a lovely place...But I wouldn't wanna live there.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:02 pm  (#15) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8472
Location: On the other side of your screen
Very well done Erisian. Love it! :)

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:35 am  (#16) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
AnMal wrote:
erisian: i think it might be because your own ears are a bit blurry that you don't spot it in your images. at least i think your ears must be a bit blurry, otherwise i can't explain why you don't hear me when i say you should have a cup of tea instead of all that coffee!

It's only coffee that keeps me sharp AnMal! :hehe

sallyanne wrote:
Very well done Erisian. Love it! :)


Thank you sallyanne. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:11 pm  (#17) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 25, 2011
Posts: 914
Location: Mount Olive, North Carolina
AnMal wrote:
erisian: i think it might be because your own ears are a bit blurry that you don't spot it in your images. at least i think your ears must be a bit blurry, otherwise i can't explain why you don't hear me when i say you should have a cup of tea instead of all that coffee!


But coffee is fuel for creativity.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:13 pm  (#18) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:02 am  (#19) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
2-ton wrote:
[ Image ]

:rofl


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deur of the Cerilla
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 7:06 am  (#20) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
merrak, 2-ton, erisian: hmph. i thought this was a civilised thread, not a meeting in the bean juice conspiracy league! :hoh well, take this:
Image


erisian: sorry for the thread hi-jack, i'll be out of here now :)!

_________________


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group