Graechan wrote:
separating the presets from the script would make it a lot easier for installation
How so? It sounds like you're thinking of treating the .scm and .gmic as separate entities to be handled by installation managers. But if they are treated as separate entities, they can still both be installed to the normal scripts folder (surely?).
Graechan wrote:
the presets could be included in the script file
Including the presets in the script itself is a pretty horrible solution - I did have a look at that when David first suggested using a .gmic file, but there are problems:
- the entire set of presets would have to be stored in the script as one great long string (approx 60,000 characters) - which may be problematic - or broken-up into manageable units. I'm not sure whether TinyScheme does actually have a maximum string-length, but I have had problems trying to use very long strings before;