It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 1:50 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: g'mic with gimp 2.9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:33 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
maybe this info is of interest for David (I informed Partha already)

I'm experimenting the new portable version Partha prepared including Gimp 2.9 and G'MIC latest 1.6.6.0 pre

When I apply a GMIC filter to an image:
- no errors if applied on the open layer
- no errors if applied on a new layer
- error ("gmic crashed...") if applied to a new active layer (but the filter is applied properly)

Thus IMHO there could be a problem in the interface gmic>gimp to change the layer which has to be active

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: g'mic with gimp 2.9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:22 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Thanks dinasset, just tested here, and it works for me with Ouput mode -> New active layer.
Does it crash with all the filters or only few of them ?


Top
 Post subject: Re: g'mic with gimp 2.9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:17 am  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Hi David
Because before your request I got the crashes with my personal G'mic filters, I wanted now to try with some std filter
I started selecting one from each Group, thus:
-ARRAY array faded: crashes
-ARTISTIC cartoon: crashes
-B&W charcoal: crashes
then I stopped because 3 over 3 looks very close to...Always

my environment is:
WINDOWS 10
GIMP 2.9.1 Partha's with G'mic 1.6.6.0 pre (portable edition)
As I said the crash doesn't avoid to get the outcome, correctly produced
(it only doesn't properly terminates because you can't "reverse" the action)
new layer (NOT active) works without problems

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: g'mic with gimp 2.9
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:02 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
So, I've get the latest updates from the git, recompiled GIMP 2.9 again, and the latest version of the plug-in (1.6.6.0_pre09212015).
I run GIMP 2.9, open the G'MIC plug-in, select "Output mode" -> "New active layer(s)", and go for the first filter 'Array [faded]'.
And it works... And without any error message.
I have no explanations so far, as I'm not able to reproduce the bug.
If anyone else get the same issue, maybe he could tell us?


Top
 Post subject: Re: g'mic with gimp 2.9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:02 am  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 11, 2014
Posts: 82
No crash here (linux64).

cartoon -> new layer
console messages:

src_profile: GIMP built-in sRGB
src_format:  R'G'B'A u8
dest_format: R'G'B'A u8
gimp_display_shell_profile_update
src_profile: GIMP built-in sRGB
src_format:  R'G'B'A u8
dest_format: R'G'B'A u8

(gmic:13379): LibGimp-CRITICAL **: gimp_zoom_preview_set_drawable_id: assertion 'preview->priv->drawable_ID < 1' failed

[gmic_gimp]./preview/ -v -99 -gimp_cartoon_preview 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0

[gmic_gimp]./apply/ -v -99 -cartoon 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0

(gmic:14203): LibGimp-CRITICAL **: gimp_zoom_preview_set_drawable_id: assertion 'preview->priv->drawable_ID < 1' failed

[gmic_gimp]./preview/ -v -99 -gimp_cartoon_preview 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0

[gmic_gimp]./preview/ -v -99 -gimp_cartoon_preview 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0

[gmic_gimp]./preview/ -v -99 -gimp_cartoon_preview 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0

[gmic_gimp]./preview/ -v -99 -gimp_cartoon_preview 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0

[gmic_gimp]./apply/ -v -99 -cartoon 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0

[gmic_gimp]./preview/ -v -99 -gimp_cartoon_preview 3,200,20,0.25,1.5,8,0


Top
 Post subject: Re: g'mic with gimp 2.9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:37 pm  (#6) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 03, 2011
Posts: 1656
Ah thanks telperion, that helps for sure!
I've committed a quick fix on the git repo that should prevent this error to appear.
Maybe it will also avoid the crash on Windows ? I've told Partha about the fix, we have to wait he tries to compile the plug-in once again to be sure :)

Thanks for reporting!


Top
 Post subject: Re: g'mic with gimp 2.9
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:34 am  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
This error also occurs for the basic version for Win32
Source / 04-Sep-2015 14:26
The new version of the GMIC-minimal works well for Win 32.

ps. New active layer(s) - works well
Download for test http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12698&start=10#p177165

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group