It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:17 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Help installing Gmic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:43 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: New User



I got a new computer and am trying to reinstall all my plugins. The only one I am having trouble with is gmic. When I open gimp it is not showing up. I am suppose to extract the zip files to my plugins folder, right?


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Help installing Gmic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:13 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
no, gmic must be RUN not MOVED TO
the .exe file downloaded is an installation program which install gmic in the appropriate folder

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help installing Gmic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:13 pm  (#3) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Dinasset is correct.
There is an executable file (.exe), for Windows that you run. Which installs what's needed to have G'Mic available in Gimp.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help installing Gmic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:31 pm  (#4) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
Ok I am a bit confused how do I run that file


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help installing Gmic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:40 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Nov 04, 2013
Posts: 207
:tyspin Problem solved thank you all for your help!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Help installing Gmic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:12 pm  (#6) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14219
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
jeanniem wrote:
Ok I am a bit confused how do I run that file

No you didn't!? :hehe

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group