It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 8:36 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC version 1.6.7 has been released!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:37 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 22, 2015
Posts: 5
Maybe this is a dumb question, but should I remove the old version before I install the new one? Thanks.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC version 1.6.7 has been released!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:41 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jun 19, 2014
Posts: 81
Location: STRATFORD,CT USA
Wallace wrote:
CT-Gimper101 wrote:
I have G'MIC Version 1.6.6 why if i hit update it's not updating to the New Version 1.6.7. can you please tell me?

The update is for any additional filters/files and or fixes that might have been added to a specific version.
In order to have the latest version of G'MIC.
You need to install all the files that pertain to each version,
not just filter updates.
The update button that's provide within G'MIC's interface,
is for filters/file and fix updates for the current version installed.
It would be nice if we were able to update G'MIC to the most recent version using the update button.


That mean's i have uninstall G'MIC 1.6.6 Everytime a new version comes out ? Yes or No?


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC version 1.6.7 has been released!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:46 pm  (#23) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14237
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
sb158b wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but should I remove the old version before I install the new one? Thanks.

I have been updating G'MIC using Windows OS, without uninstalling any previous version and it has always worked.
That's not to say that by uninstalling your previous version of G'MIC would not make a difference.
I'm just saying that I have not uninstalled any of my previous versions.
I would venture to say,
that given that I have been installing new versions of G"MIC over my previous versions for a long time now,
that you shouldn't have any issues doing the same.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC version 1.6.7 has been released!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:57 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 22, 2015
Posts: 5
Thanks. I did uninstall it, just in case. Works fine, so far.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC version 1.6.7 has been released!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:18 pm  (#25) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14237
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
sb158b wrote:
Thanks. I did uninstall it, just in case. Works fine, so far.

Did you install the new version over the previous version of G'MIC?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group