It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:01 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:17 am  (#21) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14217
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Issabella wrote:
Thank you so much Wallace. You are very kind. I don't know if Lyle will clap... :roll:

You're welcome Issabella. :smiley2

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 am  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Nicely done; just have fun Issabella. :)

:hi5

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:37 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Lyle. I always have fun following your creations in your threads. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:27 am  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Argh, I can get past the crash part, thanks for the hint, Lyle, but my Gmic menus are somewhat different, probably because I don't have an upgrade for McGimp yet, so I can't exactly follow the tut. I tried improvising, but it was coming out too different.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:58 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Hopefully someone will compile G'MIC soon for you, 2-ton. Thanks for all the feedback folks. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:43 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Lyle: You keep coming up with such nifty images! As soon as I can have some uninterrupted time, I want to try your tut. Thanks for making one.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:39 pm  (#27) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Have tried to do this with 2 different gimp and also different G'MIC's . Cannot get a black background? Tried with a transparent background and also a full picture.
Why?

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:02 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Need to unclick Invert Luminescence box, Sallyanne. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:42 pm  (#29) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Thank you Lyle. I will try again now.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:36 am  (#30) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
I didn't follow all the steps as I couldn't find all the filters. I only had morphology painting and I couldn't see where 'map gradient' was. This is what I eventually came up with.
Image
Original size = https://www.flickr.com/photos/115367823 ... 4/sizes/o/

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 am  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Under Colors drop menu in the GIMP, Sallyanne. Once you chose your fg and bg colors, just run run map gradient under the Colors menu. Not all the steps I outlined are G'MIC specific. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:14 pm  (#32) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8473
Location: On the other side of your screen
Oh, I see
Didn't run fractalize on this one. Tried after it was already saved...too late
Image

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:29 pm  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Lyle: This is the best I could get on my first attempt. I do have some questions:
Attachment:
Plasmic tulip.png
Plasmic tulip.png [ 520.79 KiB | Viewed 3328 times ]


After you bleed the color, you say to copy and paste into a new image, or do you mean layer? I did image and then copied it back as instructed later.

Do I reduce to 80% or by 80%?

When you ran upscale, did you run the filter twice?

I will probably try again with another flower. It was fun doing this. Thank for the tutorial!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:51 am  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
The flow outlined is just one method, Pat. What I like to have is an image to start off at 400px (long end) and the final be 1600px (long end). I run one pass on a duplicate of your bleed colors into transparent target. I then run Make Squiggly on this layer, uprez and squeeze (erode) the width of this result. On the separate image that you haven't uprezed yet, I would upres then run Make Squiggly on this. Then, I combine the two layers (lighten/screen/auto-level, etch) as needed. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:01 pm  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Lyle: Do you have a newer script for the Bleed into transparency? Mine has start and step size but not distance.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:39 pm  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Don't think so Pat. Still, G'MIC has this ability too (looks like David put it back). A bit slow, but so is the Script-fu. :)

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:57 pm  (#37) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14217
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
Where is Make Squiggly located in G'MIC?
Edit
I found it, it's under Artistic.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:51 am  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 02, 2013
Posts: 73
that is cool. I will give it a shot.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:40 pm  (#39) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 02, 2013
Posts: 73
I am stuck on step #1. I do not have Script-FU Bleed.
I may have an old script-Fu.
cool project.
FB66


Top
 Post subject: Re: Plasmic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:44 pm  (#40) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 24, 2010
Posts: 12849
Click link below, Fullback66. :)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3153&start=0&hilit=pear

_________________
Lyle

Psalm 109:8

Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group