It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:24 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:23 am  (#101) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Apr 01, 2012
Posts: 8475
Location: On the other side of your screen
Ooh I like the yellow one OMG. Catches your eye.

_________________
Image
Free Fun Photo Editing & resources
Poems from the Lord
Gimp Newby
Gimp version 3.2.4 and GMIC-Qt 4.0.2 OS :- Windows 10 Home 64


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:38 am  (#102) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Dinasset you got a beautiful outcome in Art Deco. I like a lot the combination of the colours in each frame. Good! :clap

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:09 am  (#103) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 02, 2010
Posts: 106
Hello, like also OMG last pictures with china and great Gatsby theme and wish tutorial for it.
thank you


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:52 am  (#104) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Wow! Everybody! I'm not sure what words to use to express how creative and beautiful all these images are! Norseman, you really started a creative thread!


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:16 pm  (#105) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Thank you all for your kind comments.

Issabella - your last one with the silhouette figure is pure art deco poetry; I love the structure and the colours so very well done :jumpclap
Pat625 - your art deco hats arealso well presented; you have come a long way on your GIMP journey :hi5

Abraess - thank you for your words; I might do a quick tutorial on the gold patterned image if I can remember what I actuall did :)

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:52 pm  (#106) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 02, 2010
Posts: 106
Hallo I know only what a Tutotorial for PS suggest. that are free customise vector shapes. Gimp has only vector brushes and this not free customise like other Gimp Brushes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSu3CUIZ0kc
I have also looked https://www.google.de/search?q=Ps+great ... A&dpr=1.67
first two Links from list


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:52 am  (#107) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much OMG, I'm very happy for your words and you to like the result. :tyspin
This one is a whole of ideas but nothing structured previously, only a thing takes another. :hehe


Attachments:
Final Dancer Couple.JPG
Final Dancer Couple.JPG [ 1017.82 KiB | Viewed 1517 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Last edited by Issabella on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:46 am  (#108) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
excellent, and very "Deco"

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:16 am  (#109) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Thank you so much Dinasset for your nice words to my outcome. I liked yours in this thread a lot, so I did one in that style. :)


Attachments:
End_horizontal-frame-1500x1125.JPG
End_horizontal-frame-1500x1125.JPG [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 1506 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:12 pm  (#110) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Beautiful, Issabella. Your colors are brilliant!


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:04 am  (#111) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Oct 02, 2014
Posts: 5057
Location: Sydney Australia
Issabella - such excellent results; you are the queen of art deco :clap

Just some personal impressions of possible southern hemisphere art deco using my 'Maori symbol' brushes ...

Image


Image

_________________
Image

Respect should be offered freely but hard earned


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:08 am  (#112) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Wow! I love both of these outcomes a lot, OMG. I can't stop seeing your compositions with so many details in each one. The symbols are very beautiful too. Also, I love you are proud of your great country and its History. :clap

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 pm  (#113) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Norseman143, here in your thread everybody is doing their best because the theme is so nice. Thanks. :bigthup :coolthup


Attachments:
Final-Art Deco-Diosas del Sol.JPG
Final-Art Deco-Diosas del Sol.JPG [ 348.01 KiB | Viewed 1381 times ]

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.
Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:53 pm  (#114) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 16, 2015
Posts: 613
Location: On Earth,specifically Queensland,Australia
Image This is what happens when you run Wallace's Art Deco paths icon through Gmic's Kaleidoscope(Symmetry). I think it looks a little like the anti-nuclear symbol.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:18 pm  (#115) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Issabella: Another beautiful image! Your frames are always so magnificent. Any special program? Probably just your artistic ability!

Kimba: I love what you did with Wallace's icon! I does remind you of the anti-nuclear symbol.


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:48 am  (#116) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
I agree, Pat, Issabella is very much artistically inspired by this thread

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:09 am  (#117) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Attachment:
Girl on the moon.jpg
Girl on the moon.jpg [ 572 KiB | Viewed 1356 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:45 am  (#118) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 01, 2014
Posts: 14198
Location: Spain, Aragón
Kimba, Your symbol outcome is really nice, I like it. :bigthup
Pat, yours is very art deco, frame, and decorations are great! :hi5 About if I have any program, I don't have any except my preferred GIMP and GMIC. This one surprised me after running BRL, and then I played with layer modes. Mine is only intuitive, no have a previous plan, so I get so many errors and fails. :)

_________________
Image

Gimp 2.10.36 (samj) portable _ OS Windows 10 Home_ 64bits
Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new chance to rebuild what you want.


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:26 am  (#119) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 20, 2013
Posts: 14835
Location: roma, italy
Very glamour, Pat !

_________________
"Where am I ?"


Top
 Post subject: Re: The Art Deco thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:12 pm  (#120) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 12, 2015
Posts: 4693
Thank you for your comments Dinasset and Issabella.
Issabella: You have great artistic talent. I have to sit and think about what to do, how to do it, and often end up on a completely different image than what I started out to do. I love your art.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group