It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 1:12 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:34 am  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
@O: usr/include/? I actually looked at the makefile to see where it was pulling the files from and made sure I had them in those locations to successfully compile. I'm such a Linux noob, I feel like I should be asking everyone else these questions, not giving answers. I've read comments where people would download libsuitesparse and move the .so files to their plug-ins folder. None of that makes any sense to me. I just made sure the appropriate files from the dev were where the makefile was looking.

@Rob: when you say installed the lib package, I'm just guessing its the original libsuitesparse 3.1.0 dev version, which I read is a prerequisite and cannot be bypassed with later versions. My plug-in wouldn't show up until I compiled it without any issues (warnings or errors). I must have attempted to compile this thing a good dozen times. Synaptic's version didn't work, either.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:40 am  (#22) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
That package I installed doesn't have the files I need. I did a total search of my file system and no files of any of those names came up.

I tried yum install libsuitesparse and here is what it said: No package libsuitesparse available.
I guess I'm going to have to forgo the colorize plug-in. It's not going to work.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:57 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
O: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/a ... uitesparse shows the appropriate libraries for this plug-in.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:00 am  (#24) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
Thanks mahvin. That is what I installed. GnuTux gave me the correct name, however I don't find any of those files Bob listed and colorizer is not showing up in gimp for me.

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:11 am  (#25) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 697
I've got libsuitesparse-dev installed.

The results of my build are:
rob@virtual:~/gimp-build-git/plugin-dev/colorize-gimp$ make
gcc -g -Wall -O3 `gimptool-2.0 --cflags` -I/usr/include/suitesparse -I/usr/include/umfpack   -c -o colorize.o colorize.c
colorize.c: In function ‘colorize’:
colorize.c:104: warning: ‘inI’ may be used uninitialized in this function
colorize.c:104: warning: ‘inQ’ may be used uninitialized in this function
colorize.c:119: warning: ‘sel_row’ may be used uninitialized in this function
gcc -g -Wall -O3 `gimptool-2.0 --cflags` -I/usr/include/suitesparse -I/usr/include/umfpack   -c -o colorize-plugin.o colorize-plugin.c
gcc -g -Wall -O3 `gimptool-2.0 --cflags` -I/usr/include/suitesparse -I/usr/include/umfpack -o colorize colorize.o colorize-plugin.o `gimptool-2.0 --libs` -lumfpack -lamd -lcholmod -lm

rob@virtual:~/gimp-build-git/plugin-dev/colorize-gimp$ make install
gimptool-2.0 --install-bin colorize
cp colorize /home/rob/.gimp-2.7/plug-ins


My prefix and all other env vars are set up the same way I compile.

...update...

Running gimp from the console gives me:
/home/rob/.gimp-2.7/plug-ins/colorize: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory


but I see it is there in /home/rob/gimp-from-git/lib/libgimpui-2.0.so.0

:(
-Rob A>

_________________
Image
Fantasy Cartography and Mapping by RobA


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:14 am  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
O: :(

Rob: Is this a GIMP 2.7 issue?

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:28 am  (#27) 
Offline
Retired Staff
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 6946
Location: Somewhere in GIMP
It appears to be a gimp 2.6 issue too

/home/O/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins/colorize: error while loading shared libraries: libumfpack.so.3.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

_________________
Image
World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:33 am  (#28) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Apr 23, 2010
Posts: 1553
Location: not from Guildford after all
Oregonian wrote:
It appears to be a gimp 2.6 issue too

/home/O/.gimp-2.6/plug-ins/colorize: error while loading shared libraries: libumfpack.so.3.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try running 'ldconfig' after installing 'libsuitesparse'.

I had no problem with the plug-in on GIMP 2.6, however, for GIMP 2.7 I received the following upon running it:
Could not execute plug-in "colorize"
(/home/saul/.gimp-2.7/plug-ins/colorize)
because it uses an obsolete version of the plug-in protocol.

_________________
Any sufficiently primitive technology is indistinguishable from a rock.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:52 am  (#29) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
has anyone compiled the binary for windows yet?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:36 am  (#30) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 697
Rod wrote:
has anyone compiled the binary for windows yet?


My plan was to cross compile from linux, but I can't find the win binary libs. Maybe I should just give up on trying to cross compile (sigh). I only seem to have luck with simple (single file) plugins.

-Rob A>

_________________
Image
Fantasy Cartography and Mapping by RobA


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:13 pm  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
No news about a win binary?

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:48 pm  (#32) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
I would love to see this one compiled for windows. :)
Alas i no longer have my compiler.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:09 pm  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
why nobody make a guide for crosscompiling gimp plugins ?

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:17 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Are there any Freeware compilers? (poor)

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:25 pm  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
sure, that used to compile gimp and gimp plugin are free:MinGW complete with MSYS

...but are not exactly friendly tools
There is not lack of documentation, but documentation seems targeted to rocket scientist
...well more exactly to C (or C+,C#, etc) developers

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Last edited by PhotoComix on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:27 pm  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Well I am now feeling totally Lost and not even gonna attempt anything.

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:32 pm  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 12, 2010
Posts: 5870
well you may have a look this is the MinGW home page
http://www.mingw.org/

_________________
My 3D Gallery on Deviantart http://photocomix2.deviantart.com/
Main gallery http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix-mandala/
Mandala and simmetry http://www.flickriver.com/photos/photocomix_mandala/

Image

Mrs Wilbress


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:34 pm  (#38) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 02, 2011
Posts: 1850
Location: Michigan
Now for Sure, nothing is gonna happen
:D

_________________
Image
I'm back I think


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:06 pm  (#39) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
I am downloading Msys now. :)
I will give it a go what the hay.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Colorization Plug-in (Not to be confused with Colorize)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:34 pm  (#40) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16175
I already have Gimp-2.7.2 src files so ill try a few plug-ins from there first.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group