It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:00 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:28 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 30, 2016
Posts: 16
Is there a 1.7.3 version of the gmic_gimp plugin for 32-bit Intel Macs running 10.6.8?

If not, is what is the latest version of G'MIC that I can run? And, is there a mirror for this file?

Bear in mind, I am running Gimp-2.8.6-SnowLeopard-ai32 from the lisanet Gimp on OS X sourceforge page.

If there is a newer version of Gimp that could be running, please let me know!

THANK YOU!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:43 pm  (#22) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
AKMusician wrote:
Is there a 1.7.3 version of the gmic_gimp plugin for 32-bit Intel Macs running 10.6.8?

If not, is what is the latest version of G'MIC that I can run? And, is there a mirror for this file?

Bear in mind, I am running Gimp-2.8.6-SnowLeopard-ai32 from the lisanet Gimp on OS X sourceforge page.

If there is a newer version of Gimp that could be running, please let me know!

THANK YOU!

Not sure about G'MIC,
but the current stable release of GIMP is at 2.8.16 as of 2015-11-21.

You can check out Gimp.org's download page using the link below.


Current Stable Version

Note: Be sure to click on the download for OS X

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:41 am  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 02, 2013
Posts: 59
AKMusician wrote:
Is there a 1.7.3 version of the gmic_gimp plugin for 32-bit Intel Macs running 10.6.8?

If not, is what is the latest version of G'MIC that I can run? And, is there a mirror for this file?

Bear in mind, I am running Gimp-2.8.6-SnowLeopard-ai32 from the lisanet Gimp on OS X sourceforge page.

If there is a newer version of Gimp that could be running, please let me know!

THANK YOU!


Unluckily not, at least not from my side. I have stopped preparing these builds with gmic 1.6.8 end of last year. Oh no, 32bits is even longer ago, sorry.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:40 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 30, 2016
Posts: 16
Ha! I said "Bear" in mind... That's funny.

Again, Wallace, I'm looking for the latest versions that will work on a 32-bit Intel Mac. Unless I'm not looking correctly, I can't find any newer version than 2.8.6

Thanks again.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:48 pm  (#25) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
AKMusician wrote:
Ha! I said "Bear" in mind... That's funny.

Again, Wallace,
I'm looking for the latest versions that will work on a 32-bit Intel Mac.
Unless I'm not looking correctly,
I can't find any newer version than 2.8.6

Thanks again.

Image
Use the link below,
then click on the OSX link to reveal the downloads.

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:24 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 30, 2016
Posts: 16
The latest download link (the one you're directing me to) is definitely not for 32-bit OSX. It's even written into the link address:

...mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/osx/gimp-2.8.16-x86_64-1.dmg (made evident by the "x86_64" part)

Even the builds found on the "Older Downloads" page are all for 64-bit machines.

I thought that the 2.8.14 or 2.8.10 builds would work, since there's no designation in the links for them. But, I tried them both to no avail. If, I'm wrong about that, let me know and I can try again or if you know of anyone who has compiled 2.8.16 for 32-bit OSX, I would greatly appreciate the connection. :)

Thank you!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:50 pm  (#27) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
AKMusician wrote:
The latest download link (the one you're directing me to) is definitely not for 32-bit OSX. It's even written into the link address:

...mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/osx/gimp-2.8.16-x86_64-1.dmg (made evident by the "x86_64" part)

Even the builds found on the "Older Downloads" page are all for 64-bit machines.

I thought that the 2.8.14 or 2.8.10 builds would work, since there's no designation in the links for them. But, I tried them both to no avail. If, I'm wrong about that, let me know and I can try again or if you know of anyone who has compiled 2.8.16 for 32-bit OSX, I would greatly appreciate the connection. :)

Thank you!

I do believe that the download provides both the 64 bit = x64 and the 32 bit = x86.

This is what the file looked like when I downloaded it.
Notice the x86 and x64 in the file's name.
Image
When you install it,
it should detect which one needs to be installed.

Have you tried to install this Gimp osx file yet?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:15 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 30, 2016
Posts: 16
I have tried to install it. The splash screen never shows. The icon just bounces once in the dock and closes.

I believe x86_64 means 64-bit only. 32-bit would be described as ia32 or i686.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:18 pm  (#29) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
AKMusician wrote:
I have tried to install it. The splash screen never shows. The icon just bounces once in the dock and closes.

I believe x86_64 means 64-bit only. 32-bit would be described as ia32 or i686.

I'm not a Mac user,
so I can't really say what is going on.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:34 pm  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 22, 2013
Posts: 10
Hi, just tried to install g'mic 1.7.3 but Gimp tells me version 1.7.4_pre has been installed and when trying to use Color Abstraction Paint it tells me it can no longer be found. I hope it is still available and has only shifted position, but I looked through all the filters and am unable to locate it. I use this filter extensively in my work and am hoping of course that it hasn't simply been dropped :-(


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:36 pm  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 22, 2013
Posts: 10
Me again, Dream Smoothing, another filter I use on a very regular basis, also seems to have disappeared :-(


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:45 pm  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 22, 2013
Posts: 10
And a 3rd message: of the 16 favourites I have in G'MIC, TEN now tell me "This fave links to an unreferenced entry/set of G'MIC commands" - each reference mentioned has (not recognized) behind it. Can somebody please advise me what I can do to restore?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:49 pm  (#33) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
mgroothuis wrote:
And a 3rd message: of the 16 favourites I have in G'MIC, TEN now tell me "This fave links to an unreferenced entry/set of G'MIC commands" - each reference mentioned has (not recognized) behind it. Can somebody please advise me what I can do to restore?

Have you tried clicking on the refresh button?

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:40 pm  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Oct 22, 2013
Posts: 10
I went back to version 1.6.9 which I still had lying around, but will try another install and see if that helps. Previous updates have been without any hassles, but this one has spat the dummy :-(


Top
 Post subject: Re: Release of G'MIC 1.7.3
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:37 am  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Posts: 349
AKMusician wrote:
I have tried to install it. The splash screen never shows. The icon just bounces once in the dock and closes.

I believe x86_64 means 64-bit only. 32-bit would be described as ia32 or i686.


First, x86_64 I have always found refers to a program that runs both.

I don't know if this will help, but I encountered the other problem of it not starting in windows 7. When I looked in task manager, I found GIMP running, one for every time I tried to start the program. Finally tracked in down to my antivirus program and solved the problem by turning off the auto-sandbox feature.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group