Wallace wrote:
Before I installed the add-on manager.
I had well over 209 brushes installed.
I now have 17 different storage folders for brushes.
One of the folders holds 204 brushes.
I totaled up all my stored brushes and I have 541 brushes in storage folders.
At one time all these brushes were also installed in my user brushes folder.
I never head of any kind of limit,
as what you're describing.
This is a very perplexing situation indeed.
The only thing that I can think,
is that this may be some type of Gimp Profile issue.
Renaming the profile,
so that Gimp creates a new one,
could solve this issue,
but I'm not 100% sure if this would work or not.
Maybe someone else will read this and give us their opinion on whether this would be of any help?
Well my hope is that so long as my sub-folders don't get too large in number of brushes, I won't have any more problems. I thought that the new information I had to share was at least informative, even if it wasn't solving the problem. for whatever reason, I seem to have a limit to the number of brushes that GIMP will allow in any one folder, but it's fine with two folders having an aggregate greater than a one-folder 'limit'
very strange situation indeed. I'll continue to always share to two locations in case I start losing the brushes again.
The good news is that the brushes that were going missing were my earliest attempts, and in the end I would ultimately have replaced those brushes as being less refined than later created brushes.
Thanks again for all of your help.