It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:40 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Dynamics not working right
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 pm  (#1) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jan 11, 2017
Posts: 4
GIMP Version: 2.8.14
Operating System: Mac OS
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.1
GIMP Experience: New User

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
None

List any ERROR messages you received:
None



Hi there, Jen here.

After searching around I found a tutorial on how to make a new brush dynamic and followed the steps. It seemed successful, as the new dynamic appeared in the dynamics list. However, when I use the brush with the selected new dynamic, it does not work right. I have only one option checked, that of brush size linked to pen pressure. However, when I try to draw with it, opacity continues to be affected by pressure, despite no selection in that regard. The screenshot illustrates my problem.


UPDATE: This issue is resolved by quitting and reopening the GIMP program. While it's inconvenient to have to quit the program every time I make an adjustment, it will work until I or someone else can find a more user-friendly solution.


Attachments:
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 11.35.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 11.35.18 AM.png [ 144.86 KiB | Viewed 4118 times ]
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: New Dynamics not working right
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jun 06, 2016
Posts: 1033
It looks like you are using the pencil which has no dynamics.
Try the brush instead!


Top
 Post subject: Re: New Dynamics not working right
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:33 pm  (#3) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jan 11, 2017
Posts: 4
I don't understand. If the pencil has no dynamics, why does it show variation in opacity and size when I use it? Besides, which, neither pencil nor paintbrush nor airbrush displayed the new dynamics until I restarted GIMP.


Top
 Post subject: Re: New Dynamics not working right
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:11 pm  (#4) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Oct 25, 2010
Posts: 4812
Strange, is it only for pressure or do you have the problem with other inputs (random, velocity...)?

You can possibly avoid a complete Gimp restart by using:
- Windows>Dockable dialogs>PaintDynamics
- Click the "<" icon on the right the tab
- Select "Paint dynamics menu>Refresh dynamics"

If you need to do this often, it is possible write a small script and assign to a keyboard shortcut.

If this is confirmed, it is worth filing a bug report.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group