It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 9:46 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.4.9
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:16 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New York
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/forums/thread8068.htm

there is also a discussion here....maybe something they say will spark an inspiration?

_________________
Ubuntu 24.04.1, Kernel i686, 6.8.0-52-generic
python3 v3.12.3 ----- GIMP - ver 2.10.38


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.4.9
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:31 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
:yes :yes Hallelujah Cecilia...that cambridge link did it!! thank you xo :jumpclap :clap :hi5


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.4.9
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:34 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New York
could you specify exactly what it was - I didn't understand as i don't use a MAC

I would just like it explained here for others to see

and..YEAH!

_________________
Ubuntu 24.04.1, Kernel i686, 6.8.0-52-generic
python3 v3.12.3 ----- GIMP - ver 2.10.38


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.4.9
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:01 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
Sure..I'll add it here and to the tutorials I think.


Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7

1. Download G'MIC for your OS from specified link.

2. Go to Home Folder users/library/application support/gimp/plug-ins and add gmic to plug-in folder

3. Open GIMP and go to edit /preferences/folders/plug-ins.

In the right hand pane at the top you will see five contol icons. Click the far left icon (sheet of paper with the corner folded down). This will activate the type-in field to the right of the control icons. To the right of the type-in field there is a folder icon. Click and browse your file system and select your equivalent of /Users/akkadia2/Library/Application Support/Gimp/plug-ins In point of actual fact when I did it that was already in that line, so all I had to do was click ok and BINGO!!

Click OK at bottom right of the preferences dialog. Restart GIMP and GMIC should appear in the 'Filters' menu


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.4.9
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:55 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I had gotten my gmic from lisanet , but don't remember how it got into the right place. I don't remember going into gimp preferences to activate anything.


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.4.9
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:00 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 18, 2011
Posts: 620
Location: New York
great! this way if I ever get a MAC i'll know how to install G'mic!

_________________
Ubuntu 24.04.1, Kernel i686, 6.8.0-52-generic
python3 v3.12.3 ----- GIMP - ver 2.10.38


Top
 Post subject: Re: G'MIC 1.4.9
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
2-ton wrote:
I had gotten my gmic from lisanet , but don't remember how it got into the right place. I don't remember going into gimp preferences to activate anything.

I've been struggling with it for ages!! finally got it right!


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group