It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:11 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Smudge tool in 2.10.10
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am  (#1) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 17, 2012
Posts: 78
GIMP Version: 2.10.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level



In the past I have used the Smudge tool often, but when I now have installed 2.10.10 the Smudge tool will not work for me as before. Earlier I could just with the brush make the transmission between to colors, or light and dark very soft, and the Smudge tool used the colors in the picture.
But NOW when I use the Smudge tool in some way it will be lighter if my foreground color is white, and darker if my foreground color is black. In the past I think the Smudge tool was not related to the foreground color.
So am I doing something wrong, or is there some new settings for the Smudge tool which I not have noticed or ......
Hoping someone can help because this is not good for me.
Bye
Une


Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Smudge tool in 2.10.10
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:39 am  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Mar 04, 2011
Posts: 2615
une wrote:
GIMP Version: 2.10.10
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

.....or is there some new settings for the Smudge tool which I not have noticed or ......

Bye
Une


Very probably. Set the Flow bottom of the Smudge tool options to zero and it works as Gimp 2.8

Attachment:
smudge.jpg
smudge.jpg [ 120.93 KiB | Viewed 4049 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Smudge tool in 2.10.10
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:38 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: May 17, 2012
Posts: 78
Perfect! I did not know about the flow!
Thanks a lot
Une


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group