It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 11:34 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Old "Blind" plugin alternative (Solved)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:27 pm  (#1) 
GIMP Version: 2.10.14
Operating System: Windows
GIMP Experience: Intermediate Level

List any relevant plug-ins or scripts:
Old Blinds plugin

List any ERROR messages you received:
n/a



Hi folks! I hope everyone are fine even in the middle of this virus turmoil, :( that we need to take it seriously. I have a question; Since GIMP 2.10 omitted the plugin "Blinds". Does anybody knows a script or plugin that will create vertical or horizontal lines in a touch of a button? Your answer will be appreciated, thanks.


Last edited by Pocholo on Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Orkut Share on Digg Share on MySpace Share on Delicious Share on Technorati
Top
 Post subject: Re: Old "Blind" plugin alternative
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:54 pm  (#2) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 10, 2013
Posts: 1442
Location: Finland
There is a "blinds" gradient in 2.10

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Old "Blind" plugin alternative
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:22 pm  (#3) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
It's still there, just search for it via "/" key....

Attachment:
blinds.jpg
blinds.jpg [ 196 KiB | Viewed 3493 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Old "Blind" plugin alternative (Solved)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:00 pm  (#4) 
:clap WOW I'll be darn! All the time that plugin was there (Hidden). Thank you Racer, I appreciated.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Old "Blind" plugin alternative (Solved)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:24 pm  (#5) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
The blinds plugin is no longer available gimp 2.10.18. The version of the file I have is version 2.8.22.0


Top
 Post subject: Re: Old "Blind" plugin alternative (Solved)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:49 pm  (#6) 
mackenzieh wrote:
The blinds plugin is no longer available gimp 2.10.18. The version of the file I have is version 2.8.22.0


Mackenzie, try what Racer showed me Open the GIMP search by pressing the key Forward slash "/". When the little search window pop up write "Blinds".


Top
 Post subject: Re: Old "Blind" plugin alternative (Solved)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:50 pm  (#7) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jul 06, 2013
Posts: 2663
Location: California
Pocholo wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
The blinds plugin is no longer available gimp 2.10.18. The version of the file I have is version 2.8.22.0


Mackenzie, try what Racer showed me Open the GIMP search by pressing the key Forward slash "/". When the little search window pop up write "Blinds".


I found it. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Old "Blind" plugin alternative (Solved)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:40 pm  (#8) 
mackenzieh wrote:
Pocholo wrote:
mackenzieh wrote:
The blinds plugin is no longer available gimp 2.10.18. The version of the file I have is version 2.8.22.0


Mackenzie, try what Racer showed me Open the GIMP search by pressing the key Forward slash "/". When the little search window pop up write "Blinds".


I found it. :)

:coolthup


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group