It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:31 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:34 am  (#81) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 05, 2020
Posts: 41
:tyspin

Oh... i thought the limit was 6Mb and it was good with 5.99Mb... :coolthup

It was so funny to draw "Rose against the Daleks", with Christopher Eccleston as The Doctor... :hehe

Have fun. :)
@+++

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:02 am  (#82) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Clouds are a lot harder than they look, finally got some decent ones.

Attachment:
clouds.gif
clouds.gif [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 7365 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm  (#83) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Dec 09, 2018
Posts: 739
Great clouds racer-x :kpix

They are tricky, I tried cutting some out but the residual blue edges looked rubbish when passing another cloud.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:34 am  (#84) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 05, 2020
Posts: 41
Hello, :)

Nice cloud effect racer-x.

Perhaps you can use Blur or Rainy Blur effect to make smoother clouds.
"Harden the layer of flakes" is also an option to try.

New update today :
I managed to make the script faster when a selection is setted.

Have fun. :)
@+++


Attachments:
falling-snow-or-other-brush-anim.scm [12.01 KiB]
Downloaded 196 times

_________________
Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:45 am  (#85) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 05, 2020
Posts: 41
Hello, :)

Today update :
- Big clean-up the code
- Fasten script with selection in image
- Add missing layer modes ... 64 modes instead of 28, with correct names now

You will see "Legacy" modes give different results than "Normal" modes.

It is the last update... i hope.

I want to go back to my previous favorite activity... 3D Modeling, to make something like that :

Attachment:
Lego42083BugattiChiron_59light.gif
Lego42083BugattiChiron_59light.gif [ 5.92 MiB | Viewed 7287 times ]


Have fun. :)
@+++


Attachments:
falling-snow-or-other-brush-anim.scm [9.03 KiB]
Downloaded 177 times

_________________
Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:04 am  (#86) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Hello Jimmy! I am going to add your script to gimpscripts.net. If you have any others, please let me know, and I'll get those on the site as well.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:01 pm  (#87) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 05, 2020
Posts: 41
mahvin wrote:
Hello Jimmy! I am going to add your script to gimpscripts.net. If you have any others, please let me know, and I'll get those on the site as well.


Hello, mahvin, :)

Thanks for your adding action.
Non other script in progress... "just" french translation of the 3D Modeling software I like to use.

@+++ :)

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:38 pm  (#88) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
JimmyMarco wrote:
"just" french translation of the 3D Modeling software I like to use.

@+++ :)

Just curious, which 3-D modeling s/w do you like to use?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm  (#89) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 05, 2020
Posts: 41
Metasequoia 4.

Discovered in 2006 in its 2.1 version, used to create models for Flying Model Simulator long time ago.
My most famous helicopter for FMS :

Attachment:
DolphinHH65_04.JPG
DolphinHH65_04.JPG [ 5.95 KiB | Viewed 6835 times ]

Attachment:
DolphinHH65_03.JPG
DolphinHH65_03.JPG [ 8.49 KiB | Viewed 6835 times ]


More pictures on this thread : https://forum.bricktechnic.fr/viewtopic ... 121&t=5877

Available in Japanese and English, I have missed some updates of my files, and have to "work" to adapt them for the latest Metasequoia 4.7.5.

@+++ :)

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:10 pm  (#90) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
I checked out your work. Excellent results you've got there. The Lego models look very cool as well. Looks like Metasequoia is only available for Windows and OSX, that leaves me out as I run Linux. I do dabble with Blender every now and then when I'm in the mood. Nothing serious though.

I think this one of yours is very cool.

Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am  (#91) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
I have a vague reminder that I already had problems with this plugin when I used version 2.10.12 of Gimp.

Now even with a more current version, 2.10.21 and using all the default values, I am not getting a good result.

Defaults settings
Attachment:
NoSnow002.gif
NoSnow002.gif [ 3.63 MiB | Viewed 4795 times ]


EDITED


Last edited by Krikor on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:14 pm  (#92) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
It works very well for me.
Can you check for duplicates? (with the option: "All installed scripts")
https://www.gimpscripts.net/2020/10/tes ... -v-18.html

In the default settings, did you get 25 layers?


Attachments:
Defaults settings-testSNOW.gif
Defaults settings-testSNOW.gif [ 3.8 MiB | Viewed 4846 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:48 pm  (#93) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
MareroQ wrote:
It works very well for me.
Can you check for duplicates? (with the option: "All installed scripts")
https://www.gimpscripts.net/2020/10/tes ... -v-18.html

In the default settings, did you get 25 layers?

Hi MareroQ,
Yes, 25 layers.
Attachment:
NoSnow1.png
NoSnow1.png [ 293.28 KiB | Viewed 4831 times ]

I searched for duplicity of this script but it was not found.
Attachment:
NoSnow2.png
NoSnow2.png [ 25.68 KiB | Viewed 4831 times ]



duplicate:
script-fu-layer-stroke in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\iccii-layer-effects.scm
Menu: <Image>/ICCII FX/Stroke...
Author: Graechan - http://gimpchat.com
Version: Feb 2013
script-fu-layer-stroke in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\Layer-FX-2.10.scm
Menu: Stroke...
Author: GPL
Version: Feb 2013/2019


duplicate:
script-fu-layer-vignette in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\iccii-layer-effects.scm
Menu: <Image>/ICCII FX/Add Vignette
Author: Graechan - http://gimpchat.com
Version: 2013
script-fu-layer-vignette in
D:\Gimp02Pastas\EstoqueGimp\Scripts\ScriptsAtivos\ScriptsUso\Layer-FX-2.10.scm
Menu: Add Vignette
Author: GPL
Version: 2013/2019


Finished. Found 2 duplicates in 203 scripts


Thank you for taking your time on this!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm  (#94) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14231
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
I downloaded the gif image you posted.
It is a gif image, but it has only one layer.

Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:58 pm  (#95) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
Wallace wrote:
I downloaded the gif image you posted.
It is a gif image, but it has only one layer.

[ Image ]

:oops:
I'll check, I must have been wrong when saving the file.
Thx Wallace!

BTW
Attachment:
NoSnow002.gif
NoSnow002.gif [ 3.63 MiB | Viewed 4815 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:16 pm  (#96) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
I guess it's not that simple - because I can't see snow.

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:35 pm  (#97) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
@Krikor. The plugin works perfectly fine in your example. Make sure to tick "As Animation" when exporting the gif, or you end up with just one layer and no animation.

Attachment:
test-snow.png
test-snow.png [ 43.05 KiB | Viewed 4806 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:39 pm  (#98) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 19, 2018
Posts: 164
racer-x wrote:
@Krikor. The plugin works perfectly fine in your example. Make sure to tick "As Animation" when exporting the gif, or you end up with just one layer and no animation.

Attachment:
test-snow.png

Racer,
yep, but my result is like seen in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18190&start=90#p258688


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:48 pm  (#99) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Make sure "Layer Mode" is set to normal? Or "Opacity" is set to 100?

Attachment:
test-snow.jpg
test-snow.jpg [ 339.88 KiB | Viewed 4795 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: Falling snow animated Scheme Script for Gimp
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:54 pm  (#100) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
In post #93 "Layer Mode" is set to normal or "Opacity" is set to 100.

Changing the brush and image doesn't help?

If so - and there is no error message, the problem may be with the script-fu.exe file (I have no other idea - why?).
If you want to look for a solution (without a guarantee of a solution - but with the elimination of one of the possibilities).
Can you count the instances and location of script-fu.exe (screenshot of all instances from eg.: old_script.fu.exe)? - because you probably installed script-fu.exe with a scrollbar (if so - please provide download link).
But not until tomorrow.

_________________
Image


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group