It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:27 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 pm  (#81) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I have Snow Leopard, which is 10.6.7 I think, and I have G'mic in my Gimp. I got my gimp from Lisade.net (not totally sure of the name, but something like that) and that site's gimp versions all work well. I forget where I got my g'mic from, some link in one of GC discussions I think.

*the lisa website news page for gimp on a mac
http://gimp.lisanet.de/Website/News/News.html


Last edited by 2-ton on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 pm  (#82) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
Yes it will work in 10.6.7 but not in 10.7 Whether or not it will work in 10.6.8 is anyones guess but I am about to try it...I'll let you all know how it goes...Ihave a boot copy of my hard drive so I am off to there to see if it will pick up the GMIC in 10.6.8...back soon folks


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 pm  (#83) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
From my experiences the same method works in all of the later Mac OS.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:47 am  (#84) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 09, 2011
Posts: 1764
These instructions were written nearly 2 years ago on an older version of MAC OS X and an older version of GIMP being used...I would advise anyone new wishing to use the GIMP now to go to parthas website and download his version for mac as it has GMIC preinstalled along with a number of other scripts and plug ins. http://partha.com/


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:52 pm  (#85) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I have been using Partha's builds for a while, and they work perfectly on Mountain Lion. I do not know if there are any issues with Mavericks, and I will not upgrade to Maverick until I know for sure. Maverick doesn't really have any new upgrades that I need anyway.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 pm  (#86) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
I have been using Partha's builds for a while, and they work perfectly on Mountain Lion. I do not know if there are any issues with Mavericks, and I will not upgrade to Maverick until I know for sure. Maverick doesn't really have any new upgrades that I need anyway.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:59 pm  (#87) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Feb 26, 2014
Posts: 7
IDK if this is kinda-sorta bumping, but I have a problem. I used Partha's build of GIMP which apparently has G'MIC pre-installed. However, G'MIC does not show up in the filters bar. Is there anything that can make it appear/work properly?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Adding G'MIC to Mac OS X 10.6.7
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:07 pm  (#88) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
it is usually the last filter listed, can you see all the way to the bottom of the filter list? And you can always email or message Partha here or at his site (www.partha.com) for help.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group