It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:29 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:13 am  (#41) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
Thank you, Rod, for the kind words, but that is mainly due to Ofnuts.
I believe the use of three of its plugins:
ofn-bend-path.py
ofn-gradient-along-path.py
path-waves-0.2.py

mades a significant difference. :yes

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:20 am  (#42) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
MareroQ wrote:
Thank you, Rod, for the kind words, but that is mainly due to Ofnuts.
I believe the use of three of its plugins:
ofn-bend-path.py
ofn-gradient-along-path.py
path-waves-0.2.py

mades a significant difference. :yes


Sure does. :)
I wonder what would happen if you added his path inbetweener script. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:38 am  (#43) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
Unfortunately, I don't know how.
Fu-preview by Claude Lion with a hint of gimfu3 by J.F. Garcia refuses to accept paths created before running the plugin (all used are generated after running the plugin).
It's probably my mistake (ignorance) but I don't know how to fix (find a workaround) it yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:29 pm  (#44) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: May 24, 2021
Posts: 859
Location: SEA - South East Asia
Tas_mania wrote:
Hi PixLab thanks for being a tester of the Gimp appimages :)

in the Python-fu console >>import random (it leaves no message)
I recon you found Gimp 2.10.32 here.

I may test it sometime.

Thanks for getting me trying MX, it's fast on old hardware like my test boxes. I could move over to it for graphics.


You won't believe it :hehe
yesterday I upgraded the computer of my eldest son from MX 19.4 to MX 21.1, a fresh installation, and I installed directly from the test repo GIMP 2.10.32 without installing first GIMP 2.10.28
Attachment:
ksnip_20220801-111138.png
ksnip_20220801-111138.png [ 53.88 KiB | Viewed 3238 times ]


then I installed fuse-overlay for your appimage, then in the MX 21.1 boot options I did chose with systemd
Attachment:
ksnip_20220801-105311.png
ksnip_20220801-105311.png [ 65.32 KiB | Viewed 3238 times ]


AND..... tadaaaa...... :hehe
No more problem with some python like the MareroQ plugin Boxtext or Astronomy, your appimage works like a charm :tyspin
Attachment:
ksnip_20220801-110947.png
ksnip_20220801-110947.png [ 196.85 KiB | Viewed 3238 times ]


Thank you so much Tas_mania for your excellent appimage and wonderful support when I got some problem :grphug
(I'm gonna change the boot option of my youngest son MX 21.1 with systemd as well)

_________________
Patrice


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:33 pm  (#45) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 04, 2015
Posts: 1480
Thanks for the feedback PixLab. :) Glad you figured it out.

I was surprised that MX Linux is built from Debian stable (bullseye) while Ubuntu is built from Debian unstable (Sid). The naming comes from Toy Story. MX libs are older versions than Ubuntu. I discovered that when I made an appimge of VLC. Because it is the whole program I would need a different one for MX.
The Gimp overlay appimages get around that by not containing Gimp.

Sadly the 'Ian' in Debian committed suicide. I don't know anything about 'Debby'.


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:28 am  (#46) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Perhaps this oldie but a goody will be a good additional candidate?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18573&start=730#p275513


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:30 am  (#47) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 15, 2017
Posts: 1837
Tas_mania wrote:
Sadly the 'Ian' in Debian committed suicide. I don't know anything about 'Debby'.

Supposedly, Debbie was a girl Ian was infatuated with. He tried to impress her by naming his OS after her. That's what I read somewhere once.


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:26 am  (#48) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
Hi Rod.
Did you mean animation?
Not possible (fu-preview only supports one layer).
I would always ask you to show the possibility of use (example of text before and after).
How do you see it in the case of path inbetweener?

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:45 am  (#49) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
MareroQ wrote:
Hi Rod.
Did you mean animation?
Not possible (fu-preview only supports one layer).
I would always ask you to show the possibility of use (example of text before and after).
How do you see it in the case of path inbetweener?


I was thinking of the possibility of animated 3D text. But if Fu-Preview can create only one layer then it probably isn't feasible.

As for Inbetweener...
Can Fu-Preview (and Python) create duplicates of the paths you place on your layer and then create the paths inbetween. Then color those paths with a gradient, if they are all created on one layer?

1) Draw out two paths name them both front and back.
2) Open MrQ Box, click on paths 3D tab ... :)
3) Python auto finds the two path names front and back.
4) MrQ Box creates a layer with both paths. Click start. Select preview to view them. Turn off preview.
5) Select number of inbetween paths (click start) .Select gradient choice (click start), then click preview.Turn off preview. Click ok.
6) MrQ Box creates the inbetween paths on same layer and strokes with gradient fill.

Just a suggested work flow. But i am not a python expert.


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:20 am  (#50) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
Hi Rod.
The possibility of implementing paths (programmed) is possible.
Show some application examples to continue.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:15 am  (#51) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
MareroQ wrote:
Hi Rod.
The possibility of implementing paths (programmed) is possible.
Show some application examples to continue.

I know nothing about writing in Python MareroQ. Sorry. Something i should probably start learning though. :roll:


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:58 am  (#52) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
I'm not sure if I did right to post Ver.7.0 with the new BRL tab because I didn't have much time to test. :mrgreen:
For this I used the Custom_Font_Bevel_Reflect_BRL_1_6_V_109_Tabbed.py by Skinnyhouse with the necessity of limiting a huge number of options (sorry to the author - but I'm willing to fix this if there are comments). :hi5
BRL is slow because MLBevelReflect2 is slow, but all text is changed in one pass (unlike Custom_Font where each letter is rendered separately).


Attachments:
BRL-1 GC.png
BRL-1 GC.png [ 115.17 KiB | Viewed 3045 times ]

_________________
Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:25 am  (#53) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Almost time for Trick Or Treat. ;)

A bit of chocolate. :)

Attachment:
MrQ-BoxText_BRL_RD-Test-Text.png
MrQ-BoxText_BRL_RD-Test-Text.png [ 840.13 KiB | Viewed 3023 times ]


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:30 pm  (#54) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
The latest version available only here is MrQ BoxText Ver.7.2.
Inspired by https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Outli ... es-of-Text
My version created with this plugin with a different font (I used Arial):

Image

Edit: attachment removed - newer version available.


Attachments:
Stickerify.jpg
Stickerify.jpg [ 210.83 KiB | Viewed 2660 times ]

_________________
Image


Last edited by MareroQ on Sat Nov 02, 2024 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 1:40 am  (#55) 
Offline
Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: May 16, 2010
Posts: 16200
Awesome! Thanks MareroQ. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:02 am  (#56) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Apr 11, 2024
Posts: 316
Thanks a lot. :coolthup


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2024 1:06 am  (#57) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
Ver.7.3.
There is not much new in this version, just a big reorganization of the code (different order) to allow combining more options.


Attachments:
1-BoxText Ver.7.3.jpg
1-BoxText Ver.7.3.jpg [ 168.43 KiB | Viewed 2517 times ]
2-BoxText Ver.7.3.jpg
2-BoxText Ver.7.3.jpg [ 175.88 KiB | Viewed 2517 times ]

_________________
Image


Last edited by MareroQ on Thu Nov 14, 2024 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2024 5:11 am  (#58) 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Aug 10, 2012
Posts: 14236
Location: Native to NYC living in Arizona, Gimp 2.8 - 3.0, Win 11 PC.
MareroQ wrote:
Ver.7.3.
There is not much new in this version, just a big reorganization of the code (different order) to allow combining more options.

:bigthup
Image

_________________
Image
"A wise man learns more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2024 9:33 am  (#59) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Posts: 2648
Location: Poland
MrQ BoxText Ver.7.4

Only a bug in version 7.3 (text was invisible until transformation/decoration was applied) made me release version 7.4 with some changes.

The most interesting new feature is the use of font_to_layers.py Tin Tran for shearing options (previously all text was sheared at once - now it is done letter by letter).
Also some reorganization of tabs, so you can combine more options - some operations cannot be combined though - but you don't have to close the plugin after the error message, you can just continue changing parameters.


Attachments:
1 BoxText 7-4.jpg
1 BoxText 7-4.jpg [ 145.85 KiB | Viewed 2398 times ]
2 BoxText 7-4.jpg
2 BoxText 7-4.jpg [ 200.16 KiB | Viewed 2398 times ]
MrQ BoxText Ver.7.4.zip [125.52 KiB]
Downloaded 145 times

_________________
Image
Top
 Post subject: Re: MrQ BoxText (Solved)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2024 12:51 pm  (#60) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 06, 2020
Posts: 401
Location: The Netherlands
It should also work in Gimp 2.10, right? If I enter colored text and check the preview, nothing happens. I just restored the previous version. Solved :lol :tyspin


Last edited by Jappaloe63 on Fri Nov 15, 2024 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group