It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 8:58 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:54 pm  (#21) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Open your dos prompt in Programs - Accessories and cd to the root C:\, I believe typing cd/ at the prompt will do this, then enter:

dir *.abr /s

Copy and paste what the results are.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:06 pm  (#22) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I had to put them in rar cuz there were 3 pages of scrn shots


Attachments:
Brushes.rar [155.69 KiB]
Downloaded 67 times

_________________
Image


Last edited by molly on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:13 pm  (#23) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Did you cross check any of these against those you couldn't delete?

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:29 pm  (#24) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Yes, I can't delete any of the abr brushes. I can delete them out of my user file which I already did, but not from the brush's in Gimp. Every time I boot they are still they and usable.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm  (#25) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Can you go to your Edit - Preferences - Brushes folder in GIMP and see how many pointers you have set up?

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:33 pm  (#26) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I don't know what pointers are.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:35 pm  (#27) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Oct 06, 2010
Posts: 4050
Pointers are just file paths pointing GIMP to brushes locations on your computer. Default is your user folder and your global folder, some people add additional locations.

_________________
"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
~ Miguel de Cervantes


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:36 pm  (#28) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I just have the two one C:\Users\Molly\.gimp-2.6\brushes, the other C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\brushes

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:51 pm  (#29) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 697
It sounds like windows file protection is stopping your from deleting the abr files from the C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\brushes folder

-Rob A>

_________________
Image
Fantasy Cartography and Mapping by RobA


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:59 pm  (#30) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Thanks RobA, I got it solved.
I have Gimp 2.6 and 2.7. It was 2.6 where I was trying to get rid of all the abr files. I deleted them all from my user\molly folder. I didn't realize that 2.6 files would affect the ones in 2.7 but that was what the problem was.
I removed all the ones out of that folder and then all the abr brushes were gone from both versions. I don't understand that but what do I know.

thanks for helping.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:07 am  (#31) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Posts: 377
Location: UK
Molly how come I've managed to delete all the abr's file and not you? and you have the os as me!


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:50 am  (#32) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
Do you have more than one version of Gimp? I had to delete the brushes out of both versions to get rid of them. out of Gimp.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 am  (#33) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Posts: 377
Location: UK
No I only got the one 2.6


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:50 am  (#34) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
I have Partha's 2.7.4. I really like the single window mode.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:16 am  (#35) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Posts: 377
Location: UK
Do have you have to delete the 2.6 version then daownloads Partha's one.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 am  (#36) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
no, absolutely not. You install the 2.7 the same way. It will make its own user folder.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Deleting Gimp bruhes?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:12 am  (#37) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Posts: 377
Location: UK
What it's like to use coz Partha was saying the tablet it works well with the version?


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group