It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:01 am


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:28 am  (#101) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
AnMal wrote:
draconian: :wh drac is back :)! and that's a really cool picture, the light effect is almost blinding.


Absolutely. I thought there was something missing when I logged into GC. Nice to have you back Drac and a lovely desktop that is. :)


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 pm  (#102) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 27, 2012
Posts: 393
Location: England
Image

This is my desktop, it's the same one that I use on my vista partition. I just moved it over when I set up LInux Mint, which is where I seem to spend all my computer time these days.
It's one of the first images I made when I first found Gimp back in April of last year and I still like it so it stays where it is.


Attachments:
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png [ 335.12 KiB | Viewed 1344 times ]

_________________
Image

DeviantArt gallery
Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am  (#103) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Mar 23, 2012
Posts: 7388
Location: Göteborg at last!
That's lovely Caz. I like the reflection.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:23 pm  (#104) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 27, 2012
Posts: 393
Location: England
Erisian wrote:
That's lovely Caz. I like the reflection.


Thanks, Erisian. I based it on a tutorial I found over at Gimp Wisdom, I think it's in the design section. Took me ages to do, especially the planet and comet/asteroid impact, well worth the time spent though.

_________________
Image

DeviantArt gallery


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:54 pm  (#105) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
caz: i really love the glass text. i've had that tutorial bookmarked for some time but i thought it looked time consuming, so i haven't got round to trying. seeing your beautiful picture makes me think i should though!

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:31 pm  (#106) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 27, 2012
Posts: 393
Location: England
AnMal wrote:
caz: i really love the glass text. i've had that tutorial bookmarked for some time but i thought it looked time consuming, so i haven't got round to trying. seeing your beautiful picture makes me think i should though!


Thanks, AnMal.
It did take me quite a long time to do but I think I could do it faster now, I've had a lot of practice with Gimp since then. I love going through these tutorials as they teach me so many things I didn't know.

_________________
Image

DeviantArt gallery


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 pm  (#107) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 30, 2012
Posts: 2174
Really nice caz.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:05 pm  (#108) 
Offline
GimpChat Member

Joined: Dec 27, 2012
Posts: 393
Location: England
he4rty wrote:
Really nice caz.


Thanks, he4rty.

_________________
Image

DeviantArt gallery


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 pm  (#109) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 15, 2013
Posts: 133
Looked like a fun thread so I thought I'd throw mine in.

Nothing spectacular. My wallpaper rotates through a couple hundred images but I snapped one I liked. I blacked out some of my conky as well.


Attachments:
File comment: Gurren Lagenn - Yoko
Desktop Screenshot - 01.jpg
Desktop Screenshot - 01.jpg [ 722.24 KiB | Viewed 1270 times ]

_________________
Gimp 2.8.16
Arch Linux - XFCE 4.12
Some of my work.
Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:33 am  (#110) 
Offline
Script Coder

Joined: Apr 10, 2011
Posts: 532
Attachment:
File comment: my desktop
mydesktop.png
mydesktop.png [ 1.29 MiB | Viewed 1249 times ]


I just installed linux mint 13 and I love it. Good bye ubuntu, it was fun while it lasted.

The wallpaper I made myself.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:39 am  (#111) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there
Here's my current work desktop (at half size)
Attachment:
desktop_snap_sml_sml.jpg
desktop_snap_sml_sml.jpg [ 882.46 KiB | Viewed 1350 times ]


Made of nine individual photos stitched together using Hugin.

Kevin


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 am  (#112) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 07, 2010
Posts: 14182
WOW! Kevin, what a beautiful setting. Nice job of the stitching.

_________________
Image


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:14 pm  (#113) 
Offline
Script Coder

Joined: Apr 10, 2011
Posts: 532
Where does a monitor that wide even fit? Do you have like a special room for it or something?


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:59 pm  (#114) 
Offline
Script Coder
User avatar

Joined: Jun 22, 2010
Posts: 1171
Location: Here and there
dd wrote:
Where does a monitor that wide even fit? Do you have like a special room for it or something?


:) It's spread across 2 monitors. Some of my colleagues have 4 monitor setups.

My current home desktop is very simple, featuring my entry in the Faceless II challenge on DPChallenge.

Attachment:
desktop_home.jpg
desktop_home.jpg [ 219.61 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]


Kevin


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:19 pm  (#115) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Jan 15, 2013
Posts: 133
paynekj wrote:
Here's my current work desktop (at half size)
Attachment:
desktop_snap_sml_sml.jpg


Made of nine individual photos stitched together using Hugin.

Kevin

I would've never guess that was 9 photos stitched.
Not sure where those photos were taken but it sure reminds me of Appalachia. Just so serene.

_________________
Gimp 2.8.16
Arch Linux - XFCE 4.12
Some of my work.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:50 pm  (#116) 
Offline
GimpChat Founder
User avatar

Joined: May 22, 2008
Posts: 5241
Location: Gimpville
Here is my latest look. Fedora 18 /w Mate Desktop & Compiz.

Expo view of my 4 virtual desktops..
Image

_________________
“If you reach for the stars, you just might land on a decently sized hill.” - Stuart Hill


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:08 pm  (#117) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Aug 16, 2012
Posts: 4271
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
paynekj: the 2-screen thing is beautiful and no sign of the stitching, but i love the "faceless" picture!

_________________


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 pm  (#118) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Posts: 2
I'm running Partha's amazing Gimp 2.9 for Mac OS X. This is my MacBook Pro desktop, still running Snow Leopard. I'm resisting the upgrade till it's just not possible to avoid. I use mostly non-Apple apps for my needs.

Path Finder - kills Apple's Finder
Butler - multi function user interface app, gives me the list of apps in menubar
QuickSilver - search and launch app on left, just amazing

I list these all on my own site. So glad to find this site, have a few GIMP questions from time to time.


Attachments:
andyselby_desktop.jpg
andyselby_desktop.jpg [ 494.07 KiB | Viewed 1323 times ]
Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:02 pm  (#119) 
Offline
GimpChat Member
User avatar

Joined: Apr 08, 2010
Posts: 5420
Location: Northwest Ohio
Andy, I would love to try out Pathfinder, I find the Finder in Mountain Lion makes it hard to find things.


Top
 Post subject: Re: Post Your Desktop
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 am  (#120) 
Offline
New Member

Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Posts: 2
I list my favorite Mac apps on my site... GIMP is on there of course, with many other free ones.

I'm getting blocked from putting an address on here, so just google my name. You'll find it.

Path Finder is a monster, worth every penny. Once you start using it, the Apple Finder feels like a toy.


Top
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



* Login  



Powered by phpBB3 © phpBB Group